Fishing Reels

james7

A friend of mine has two fishing reels he won as a prize. I haven’t actually seen them.

The only info I have is:

Force Ten - Career 80 - 4 ball bearings (he was told it was worth about $75)

Hemmingway 800 - 10 ball bearings (worth about $85)

I’m not familiar with either of them. Can anyone tell me whether they are any good?

What sort of fishing they would be suitable for and approximately what they really worth?

Should I make him an offer?

Thanks

Peter

A friend of mine has two fishing reels he won as a prize. I haven’t actually seen them.

The only info I have is:

Force Ten - Career 80 - 4 ball bearings (he was told it was worth about $75)

Hemmingway 800 - 10 ball bearings (worth about $85)

I’m not familiar with either of them. Can anyone tell me whether they are any good?

What sort of fishing they would be suitable for and approximately what they really worth?

Should I make him an offer?

Thanks

Peter

They sound like cheap ass quality reels to me. :thumbdown:

I agree with Watto.....

I got a free Okuma reel with a Fishing mag subscription and it is great. I have caught rat kings, flathead and squid with it and it hasn't let me down. I would never have bought it by choice but as a reel for general purpose fishing, it is pretty good. It is a great backup reel which is good for me given my "reel over side" syndrome. :thumbup:

Hi Peter,

the force ten career 80 is a great reel for its price.I they have been around for along time.I actually used this reel a few years ago down at Jervis bay chasing kingfish and it didnt miss a beat.I think its still sitting in my shed somewhere.

as for the hemmingway 800. We actually sell these.they are a great bream & bass reel and alot of Raiders purchased thes as a combo on special earlier this year. perhaps they can give you some feedback on it.

if you havent used these reels,then judgements should not be made,sure they are not brand named reels,but tell me where you could pick up a 10bb brand name reel for this price.

hope this helps

Thanks Watto for that helpful reply. I am sure Pete and other members appreciate your reply.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

as for the hemmingway 800. We actually sell these.they are a great bream & bass reel and alot of Raiders purchased thes as a combo on special earlier this year. perhaps they can give you some feedback on it.

if you havent used these reels,then judgements should not be made,sure they are not brand named reels,but tell me where you could pick up a 10bb brand name reel for this price.

I got the combo from Wattos and cant fault it. I did snap the rod but caught a similar one on the same day LOL.

The Hemmingway reel go's great guns and I would recommend it no problem at all. I've dragged a few monster bream out of neptunes grasp and had no issues.

Whilst I recently purchased a stradic the little hemmingway stays right in the boat as well.

Dave