Fishing From High Places

Webby

Has anyone here ever made a super long gaff or telescopic net? I'm talking 8-10 metres or so - not the shop ones

I can't begin to count the amount of fish that I've hooked up on light line that I can't bring in because I'm too high up to reach the :ranting2: things!!

If you do have a solution I'd love to hear about it.

Go and buy a 50m spool of 4 or 6mm rope and a cliff gaff!

Sammy

Showing my ignorance here but can u get a cliff gaff from most tackle shops?

Have the rope already (I attach it to my bucket to collect seawater)

Thanks for your help!

I xaw a fella using something like that once I asked him where he got it and his reply was.It`s actually a bunch of aluminum swimming pool poles joined together(it had those spring loaded ball bearing type male-female locking connections so he could make it any length.He also had a thread on the lead end (again standart swimming pool items where he could screw on the net(made by a pool net and removing the mesh and replace it with a standard fishjng net replacement net) or alternatively he could screw on a gaffe which screwed directly onto the pool fitting! He was limited only by the amount of (light weight al poles)which he put in 1 old tent accesories bag :beersmile: hope this helps

Brad

PS cost bugger all too as he used his own pool gear weth a few modificaeions :tease:

Sammy

Showing my ignorance here but can u get a cliff gaff from most tackle shops?

Have the rope already (I attach it to my bucket to collect seawater)

Thanks for your help!

I know that Tony @ Fishfinder Bait and Tackle has them in stock, grab his details from the site sponsors section.

I know this is slighlty off topic, but are you based in WA?

Seen some insane cliff fishing there! They use the cliff gaff!!

No - in NSW - but like the cliffs as there's not much chance of getting washed off (though still never turn my back on the ocean as I have seen some absolute monster waves).

I know that Tony @ Fishfinder Bait and Tackle has them in stock, grab his details from the site sponsors section.

SAMMY :thumbup: I didn't think you could get flying gaffs anywhere outside of a manufactutrer in S.A. That's top info and very mouch appreciated.

I'll shoot over to fishfinder Tony next time I plan to fish behind the breakers off the high sand spit contraption at the end of Surfer's

thanks mate

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer