Fitting Out New Boat

choad

It all depends on what boat/motor and how far you travel on sea + land.

I rate:

1st dual battery setup

2nd spare trailer tyre

3rd transom ladder

Reasons:

I have had dual batteries for 12 years, but never actually needed to switch between them at sea (but i do rotate usage) I rated dual batteries 1st as when at sea the "NRMA" cant come out and jump start you.

I have had a spare trailer tyre for 17 years and never needed it (only used the car spare once in 10 years too)

I had a ladder and took it off to mount my aux motor, and Ive never bothered drilling 6 holes in the marlin board to mount it again on the other side.

cheers

Rod

Edited by fishingrod

1st- spare trailer tyre

1st- dual battery setup

3rd -transom ladder

for me thats my list

you need to get to the water first

and as most of us travel when others are sleeping

nothing is open to get a tyre fixed

Edited by johnno

The 1st to go for me is the trailer tyre Why? My boat is moored :1prop:

Seriously though if your budget allows it a dual battery system is definantly the way to go weather it be an inboard or outboard setup.Makes sense when you think about it....

If you dont want to go to the expence at least try to have a charged 12v booster with you.At least you can throw it in the boot and use it for car/air pump etc also. I use mine to run a portable livie tank.!

As for the rear ladder I think its great if you or the kids plan on swimming off the boat a fair bit.Otherwise they often take up usefull space on the transom. Aux motors/berley buckets etc.

cheers Brad

quick question fellas.

how would you rate the following options in terms of importance:

A. spare trailer tyre.

B. transom ladder.

C. dual battery setup.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

i would rate A & C with equal of importance and

term them as both being an invalueable item......

B... important in my case for you can not physicaly get in or out

of the boat without one otherwise......

so for me all 3 are up there in any order.........

Cheers Warnie.........

Good Morning Guys, for me it would be C , A than B with the first two a close run thing. You can always get help with a flat tyre on the road side and most trailers run 13 inch HT Holden stud pattern that are cheap and easy to find, but if your battery dies, which can happen with warning, without a second battery it can be hard to get back to land. Nowdays the battery systems that are avialable are great and you can get a system that will charge and look after a second battery without you even worry about switching a switch. If you want to check out what is available goto www.bla.com.au, who I am sure most of you know are wholesalers, and see what is there and we are able to supply anything on that site, at good Raider discounts.

Cheers,

Huey.