Best Way To Burly On The Beach

Billythekid

We used to drive a big stake into the sand & tie off a tuna frame too it. Give it a whack with a bit of wood or a few stabs with a knife now & then & let the waves do the work for you. I used to pick up the frames from the fish markets.

:1welcomeani: to the site.

Cheers,

Grant.

I saw a bloke last year who used what he called a tennis ball woomera.

It is a plastic thing about 2ft long with a slight curve and a cup shape on the end.

He loaded the cup with burley and threw it out surprisingly far.

Apparantly he got it from a pet shop as people use them to throw a ball for their dog to chase.

Dave

I use a cheapo keeper net attached to end end of a length of rope looped around a stake usually with pillies that I stamp on every now and then to get the juices flowing.

In winter when the fishes metabolism slows down and the fish need less food I get tuna cat food and put it into a fine mesh washing bag so that small amounts seep out every now and then when washed over by the surf.

The most important thing is positioning to ensure that the currents actually take the burley to where you expect the fish to be, not the gutter further down the beach where someone else is fishing.

I used to use the rod holder to loop the rope over but found this too inflexible and consequently take a wooden stake. Useful for vampires when night fishing too :1prop:

Good luck, look forward to the reports!

hey there

what ive been told is just to dice up bits of fish frames or pilchards etc, whatever you want to use, just drop it where the waves a breaking, and walk it into the sand... stomp on it until its well bedded into the sand, and the waves will wash little bits off gradually into the water

hey there

what ive been told is just to dice up bits of fish frames or pilchards etc, whatever you want to use, just drop it where the waves a breaking, and walk it into the sand... stomp on it until its well bedded into the sand, and the waves will wash little bits off gradually into the water

YEP THAT'S ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT GETS DANILO :thumbup::yahoo:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

billythekid,

Paul's bomb that he has with my special burly mix works a treat i think;) or just scattering the burly on the beach and letting the waves take the rest of the work for you seems to work.

those two salmon you got a few weeks back when we went up seem to like it :1clap:

post ur jewie pic from last week up

hey there

Thanks I will try it on saturday.