Boat Motor Won't Start Sometimes.

Dan A

Hi Wishin, I do not know about that. The XD-50 and 100 are designed for marine use. If Ryobi recomend a TCW-3 rated oil than buy the litre bottle of XD-50 and you will be fine I guess.

Cheers,

Huey.

hi huey! i have a 2003 yammy cv 30 and was told to use only tcw-3 to avoid burning my warranty,

might have been sale's spiel! ( only 40 hrs on this donk as i get to my spot and stay there!)

beer is too dear! :074: can i confidently use this xd good stuff!

..cheers!.stevo!..

NOTE! we are gonna have to support ya and buy off ya to pay for your new worker that has to answer

all these questions! thanks for all your techno!

support @ huey.boat.fish.oz! :074: ( pretty catchy )

Hi Ross, generous offer, but we sent some to Netic via courier yesterday.

Stevo, the XD-50 is a TCW-3 oil, just it is a much better oil than some other brands because of additives that make it burn cleaner as we have discussed on this "engine will not start" topic. I am sure nobody minds but topic do sometimes get off course from the original topic.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks for the offer Ross but as Huey mentioned i ordered some yesterday....will let you guys know how i go as my Yammi 70hp has been blowing a bit of smoke lately so i hoping the new oil will get rid of that.

Where would I find the thermostat?.

I think it may have one as the water cooling does not seem to come out until after a few seconds, I think it the thermostat that holds the cooling back until hot enough?

Found these inside the motor, any ideas what they are?

2711391470027294153S600x600Q85.jpg

I am not that mechanical, only learnt what to do with spark plugs and a little bit more from my Grandfather when we fished together he was always doing things with the plugs to get them going, as well as spraying flammable stuff like wd40 inside the carby, not sure what that does though but it seemed to work for him:)

Where would I find the thermostat?.

I think it may have one as the water cooling does not seem to come out until after a few seconds, I think it the thermostat that holds the cooling back until hot enough?

Found these inside the motor, any ideas what they are?

2711391470027294153S600x600Q85.jpg

I am not that mechanical, only learnt what to do with spark plugs and a little bit more from my Grandfather when we fished together he was always doing things with the plugs to get them going, as well as spraying flammable stuff like wd40 inside the carby, not sure what that does though but it seemed to work for him:)

Did you find them in the cover or inside the motor (internal)

What these look like to me would be spare/extra bits for the prop sleeve and a cap

now don,t quote me as that is a guess.

why spraying into carby works is the fumes combust when they ignite and then will run.

Hi Dan, the part on the right looks like a grommet that goes under the powerhead for the shift shaft. The other part-I can not identify. WD-40 is a water depersant and should never be sprayed into the carbies. There is a product called aero-start that some engines need to run, but only if compression is low or it has weak spark, but if everything is OK you do not need anything except power tune every couple of years to clean the ring grooves of carbon. Your thermostat is under the cover on the port side of the engine above the exhaust plates. Also in there is your water pressure valve that can also be checked when doing the thermostat.

Cheers,

Huey.

Make sure the bulb is staying hard after you have pumped it if it isn't you may have a hole in your line.Also check your connection to the motor is corrct and a nice fit.Make sure your breather line is also not got any blockages.Also ensure your battery is fully charged.I had a similar problem but since I have replaced and checked these I have had no more problems.

Cheers

Suffo :beersmile: