Will Apec Affect Where We Can Fish Or Access To Ramps?

Thunder

Are we going to be affected by APEC fishing in Sydney Harbour and will there be any problems accessing boat ramps?

Cheers

Greg

Thunder, that's an excellent question about restrictions for Sydney Harbour etc and I am sure Donna and Stewy will advise and update members even if it has been already mentioned previously.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

They have a special event zone between ( 1km either side of bridge) Mrs mac chair to Blues point. Limit is down to 6 knots for all boats with police and waterways in attendance 24 hours. There is a special exclusion zone which will be marked by buoys basically in a circle around the opera house and across to Mrs mac point.

Probably wouldn't wear bulky clothes or hold a gaff up to your shoulder and hang around as the security will be itching to show off there new fast boats and skills they have been working on. As for Kayaks at that end of the harbour they will probably enforce the "can't cross shipping channels"' line so would be better not to be there.

No timetable given but no doubt there will be a couple of related cruises up and down the harbour so watch out for them and avoid them at a long distance like the plague. If it is the big wigs out they will clear the harbour like they did for Chaneys visit where they swamped laser sailboats and caused havoc with scarey boat manovours and threats.

Easier to avoid that section of the harbour and anywhere near these jokers if they do happen to go for a jolly on the harbour and I'm sure there will be plenty of officious people on boats out there if you do get in the way or happen to be where they want to go.

Not sure if that really answers the question but you get the idea. Still can't work out why disrupt the whole of Syd when this thing could happen on Hamilton Island or in Canberra etc etc and no one would care.

Pel

They have a special event zone between ( 1km either side of bridge) Mrs mac chair to Blues point. Limit is down to 6 knots for all boats with police and waterways in attendance 24 hours. There is a special exclusion zone which will be marked by buoys basically in a circle around the opera house and across to Mrs mac point.

Probably wouldn't wear bulky clothes or hold a gaff up to your shoulder and hang around as the security will be itching to show off there new fast boats and skills they have been working on. As for Kayaks at that end of the harbour they will probably enforce the "can't cross shipping channels"' line so would be better not to be there.

No timetable given but no doubt there will be a couple of related cruises up and down the harbour so watch out for them and avoid them at a long distance like the plague. If it is the big wigs out they will clear the harbour like they did for Chaneys visit where they swamped laser sailboats and caused havoc with scarey boat manovours and threats.

Easier to avoid that section of the harbour and anywhere near these jokers if they do happen to go for a jolly on the harbour and I'm sure there will be plenty of officious people on boats out there if you do get in the way or happen to be where they want to go.

Not sure if that really answers the question but you get the idea. Still can't work out why disrupt the whole of Syd when this thing could happen on Hamilton Island or in Canberra etc etc and no one would care.

Pel

Pelican your input, time and work on this post is absolutely fabulous and you write it all in good heartnedness and in fine style and expression as well.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Can't have a good welcome opening / closing to a meeting without fireworks but I guess they don't want a crowd so arent publicising them???

Hope they have the brains to post a map at all the ramps with these details.

Watchout for the "mobile" 200m exclusion zone as they will be enforced without compromise and probably not a lot of courtesy will happen with rule to law and unlike everyone else they won't be limited by speed restrictions so watch out for their wake as well. No one will have a sense of humour especially anyone official without an Aussie accent. A hint- the harbour isn't 400m wide in many spots and they will be down the middle if there last episode is an example!!!

Just saw the ABC news- sweeping the harbour for mines??? -oh well at least we know it's safe for us to fish. Can't think the last time I scored one of them. I'llask granddad to tell me some more 1945 stories

Sooner it is over safely better for all of us.

Edited by pelican