Servicing Yamaha V4 115hp

live_baiter

Hi Raiders

just wanting a rough idea on how much it should cost to get a full service on the 2004 yammy 115hp saltwater series which has done 200hrs?

i got a quote from a reputable dealer being $590 for a full service and $329 plus parts from another.

when they say plus parts what does that usually include? i assume the motor is still almost new condition, therefore the things to change are plugs and impeller and maybe water pump?

and impeller and maybe water pump?

The impeller and water pump are generally the same item on a outboard.

$590 sounds a bit high to me ..... unless they are changing absolutly everything including anodes etc

There is a stage where the filter gasket (??) and a few checks need to be done on the oil bottle on the Yammy motors.

You would want to be sure of what they are actually doing for that price and wouldnt want too many hidden suprises on top of that !!!

Ive paid up to $570'ish on a similar size carby motor (as per my PM) but thats including outragously expensive plugs and anodes.

cheers

Rod

Hi Live baiter, if it goes according to plan and no surprises happen you are looking at about $400. The yearly service or 100 hourly entales new impeller, plugs, change oil and grease. We check cylinder head bolt torque and a few other things like the oil system as Rod mentioned, but it is usually a pretty easy service and being late model your anodes will be fine especially if it has lived on a trailer all its life and the head gaskets do not need to be replaced until about 10-12 years old. Once done we give the engine a run and make sure the thermostats are reaching operating temp and check everything out.

PM me if you would like any more details,

Cheers,

Huey.