Wiseman's Ferry To Jeruslem Bay

groperman

Gday guys, just want your thoughts. Me and some friends we're planning to hire a houseboat at wiseman's ferry and planning to go down to cowan waters or jerusalem bay to moor it there and do some fishing and crabbing. I spoke to the owner of the houseboat he reckons it would take about 9hrs to get down to jerusalem bay from wiseman's ferry going at 10knots. I was amazed, i was wondering do you guys have any idea how long it would take to get down there goin at the speed of 10knots? Cheers!

10 knots??? I swear they dont go that quick. Every time ive hired a house boat it seems that i can swim faster, i could be wrong though. Anyway, its about 60 kms to jeruselum bay, which means if you do 10 knots it would take you 3 to 4 hrs. But thats how long it takes to get from jeruselum to the road brigde. Are you sure they do 10 knots??

Wisemans to J'Bay is a longggg way.

Most of those houseboats dont do 10 knots. Especially if you are going against the current and towing a trailer boat. Some hire'ers charge a gas/fuel levy per engine hour. So if you do 20 hrs steaming at (hypothetically) $15 per hour that adds $300 to the bill.

Even though the houseboats are meant to be maintained well, things to do wrong occasionally that require a service call. Im not sure what type of service you would get so far from base.

cheers

Rod

Wisemans to J'Bay is a longggg way.

Most of those houseboats dont do 10 knots. Especially if you are going against the current and towing a trailer boat. Some hire'ers charge a gas/fuel levy per engine hour. So if you do 20 hrs steaming at (hypothetically) $15 per hour that adds $300 to the bill.

Even though the houseboats are meant to be maintained well, things to do wrong occasionally that require a service call. Im not sure what type of service you would get so far from base.

cheers

Rod

Hi Fishingrod and Groperman etc.

The house boat guy was giving 10 knots as an example to make it easy to figure and pro-rate to normal house boat speed. I reckon 5 knots would be sure spinning the wheels and flogging to death some of those old budget houseboats :1yikes: .

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

You should get there about the same time you need to turn back to return the boat. Definitely grab one from Brooky. J bay is a long haul from there even, in a houseboat. But, its beautiful, and worth it. From memory its about 2 hours to Jerusalem Bay from Brooky. Something like that.

Houseboats are the best!!! Everyone should do one before they croak!