Know What This Hole Is From?

live_baiter

Hi all,

from pic lancer6, does anyone from here that knows what the hole (big one with 3 smaller screw holes) would have been there for?

i dont think it has anything to do with the transducer as there is a bracket right at the bottom of the transom.

from pic lancer3, can anyone help recommend how to patch up and paint as i dont think it is worth taking it to a workshop and have my arms and legs ripped off to get that fixed.

thanks raiders

post-5064-1188516518_thumb.jpg

post-5064-1188516528_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

from pic lancer6, does anyone from here that knows what the hole (big one with 3 smaller screw holes) would have been there for?

i dont think it has anything to do with the transducer as there is a bracket right at the bottom of the transom.

from pic lancer3, can anyone help recommend how to patch up and paint as i dont think it is worth taking it to a workshop and have my arms and legs ripped off to get that fixed.

thanks raiders

Hi,

lancer6 pic - Looks like the spot where the cable running to the transducer "used to" emerge from the hull. Ive got the same 3 hole bracket on my boat - you can pic them up from most boating shops.

Hi all,

thanks raiders

Hi live baiter. I would just smooth out the holes and cover them up with nicely trimmed squares of good quality white plastic and glue and seal them up with a good marine sealant.

This is the cheapest way and you never know you might think of somehing else to put there and the holes would be handy and/or covered up anyway.

You could put another live bait pump and hose there or if you already have one think about this.

Put a powerful pump with the holes for the electric at the bottom and run the hose back into the water to stir up the water you are fishing in. Keep it running all the time, burley into it and you'll have fish all over the place.

Or if you don't like that idea you could always face the hose around and use it as a high powered hose for cleaning your boat on the water and sunlight soap ( alkaline and a form of burley too!) and when you get home when you flush out the motor just gently spray the boat over with freshwater.

Would that be a :thumbup: ?????

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

jewie,

sounds like a great idea to turn it into a deck wash!

not too sure about the burley idea though!

so if it is a hole where the tranducer used to come out off then it is an easy fix, install a new f/finder and tranducer cable coming back out there again hehehe.

i do like the idea of installing another pump and run it as deck wash though.

jewie,

sounds like a great idea to turn it into a deck wash!

not too sure about the burley idea though!

so if it is a hole where the tranducer used to come out off then it is an easy fix, install a new f/finder and tranducer cable coming back out there again hehehe.

i do like the idea of installing another pump and run it as deck wash though.

Hi again live baiter.

Give it the full double wammy mate cost you zero extra.

You can pump volumes back into the water to keep the water disturbance up as fish become used to anything like that very quickly and fish naturally go see what tucker comes out of it.

(Don't even need to keep on adding burley) but do see the benefits of the pumping into water at a reasonably powerful rate for yourself. and if you like, try that burley method by throwing some good burley into the ongoing water disturbance above your own baits.

A powerful hose and a regular water stir up and disturbance at the back of the boat and occasionally adding burley is commonly used by commercial fishing boats in the Mediteranian and I use this method as do my friends up north especially after they try the system for themselves.

But I haven't seen anyone down here with the same system though they may well use a powerful pump and live bait tank hose to wash out their boats on the water.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer