Best Spinning Reel

kbark

Looking for a new reel. It'll be mated to a Starlo Tournament Pro 7'3" Lite Spin. I currently have a Shimano Symetre and have no complaints...a very nice reel for the price. Is it worth moving into the next price bracket? I'm thinking of a Daiwa Tierra or maybe a Stradic (although that's pushing the budget).

Cheers,

Kit

keep a eye out for the stradics as they are now superseeded (gone from the FH range to the new FL range)

i have heard on the grape vine that these units will be coming down in price over the next few mounths as everyone clears them out for the new range

prices i have heard are around $160-$180 mark

Looking for a new reel. It'll be mated to a Starlo Tournament Pro 7'3" Lite Spin. I currently have a Shimano Symetre and have no complaints...a very nice reel for the price. Is it worth moving into the next price bracket? I'm thinking of a Daiwa Tierra or maybe a Stradic (although that's pushing the budget).

Cheers,

Kit

For that money a Stradic is the best I reckon. Thats what I use in the 2500 size and its my favourite reel even though i have more expensive ones in bigger sizes.

thanks fellas...think I'll see what happens to the Stradic prices once the new models hit town. I'm still interested if anyone can review the diawa tierra...

cheers.

Edited by kbark

I have a 4000 Tierra. Don't own a Stradic, so can't compare first-hand, but the Tierra is a nice refined reel at its price point.

The Tierra's predecessor, the Capricorn, was rated a better reel than the Stradic by Tackletour (see review here), and the Tierra "ups both the performance and style level" (detailed Tierra review here), so I guess the Tierra's the go.

Another point to consider is that the Stradic technology is a few years older than the Tierra.

Edited by David L

I have a 4000 Tierra. Don't own a Stradic, so can't compare first-hand, but the Tierra is a nice refined reel at its price point.

The Tierra's predecessor, the Capricorn, was rated a better reel than the Stradic by Tackletour (see review here), and the Tierra "ups both the performance and style level" (detailed Tierra review here), so I guess the Tierra's the go.

Another point to consider is that the Stradic technology is a few years older than the Tierra.

Thanks David. That's helpful.

i dont know whether this info is going to help you or not

I have a stradic 1000 and a Sol 2500, both these reels are i use to catch bread and butter fish for bait...i dont have a habit of cleaning my reels after...

the stradic feels really smooth still like new, whereas the SOL is not as smooth as once i first got it...still smooth...

either way you cant go wrong....but that stradic has been around for AGESSSS