Narrabeen Lakes

luderick59

hi everyone :1fishing1:

cant work out why the blackies have gone off the bite ?

conditions perfect this morning no wind no fish

i think they may prefer the smaller tides say 1.3 to 1.4 or smaller

anyways thats fishing :1prop: not 1 down in 2 days :mad3:

but that keeps you going back for more

peter :1fishing1:

That's what makes fishing so interesting, the uncertainty. If you knew you were going to score well every time, then it wouldn't be a challenge. Analysing conditions and everything else is what I love. Since becoming a Raider I been learning how much more I have to learn!

That's one of the great things about this site - the sharing of knowledge.

Thanks for the report Peter. Talking about what didn't work is just as important as what did. You've got me thinking about the tides.

Cheers

Peter

gday pete i hope to catch a couple tomorow i last went on wed for 4 fish as i said in your last report but they are certainly weird at the moment i think il always be trying to figure them out and i think il always have the same result.. what time did you fish???

Hi Pete,

good to know that it is not just me!!. :wacko:

Tried the favorite spot in Pittwater this morning at 0600 (thanks to Roostermans' sharing of info a few weeks ago :thumbup: ), but drew a blank today.

Had a couple of timid downs; missed the first one as I was marvelling at the moon that was still high in the western sky, and when I returned my gaze to the water it was to see my float returning to the surface after a touch, but the fresh weed was still attached. :( Gave it until 0800 and then headed home to the girls.

Fishermen have to be optimists to keep coming back time and time again after a no show, :yahoo: so a little time tummy gazing doesnt go to waste. :closedeyes:

Pumped some yabbies this afternoon with the intention of seeing what is in the deep off the Narrabeen caravan park, will try tomorrow. :fishing1:

Sails

hi guys

The same on the georges this week , but we found that a few days before a full moon they are pretty good , the day of the full moon they just go of the bite , but come back gangbusters 4-5 days later , now whether this is because of the larger tides or the influence of the moon ,who knows , but if as we have had the last week those real big tides of a , night im betting that the fish get right up into the places they dont normally get to on the smaller tides and feed right up .

I fish with a couple of old guys who really know thier stuff and that seems to be the general idea between them , and after a few years of their wisdom i sure aint going to argue against them

But look on the bright side , the tides a bloody perfect from Monday onwards and over here on the Georges they should be on big time , even swordy might get a few

cheers

mark

[hi mark :1fishing1:

fished 8 till 10 it was a 1.6 tide

no sign of life in the clear water

Yeah, I had a poke around there this morning, I didn't even see a mullet, where are all the fish? Mabe they're pushing to the back with all the clear water..... will try again this arvo.

Yeah, I had a poke around there this morning, I didn't even see a mullet, where are all the fish? Mabe they're pushing to the back with all the clear water..... will try again this arvo.

Bob they've gone looking for the mullet mate :074:

Regards

jewgaffer :1fishing1::1yikes::074: :074:

Edited by jewgaffer

hi peter

One other littlr thing , when e seem to gert them over in the georges , it always seems to be when weve a low about lunchtime [11.00 to 1.00] although we do get fish at the other times they do become a lot more active between those times , If you have seen some of the posts Ross and i have put up you will see what i mean , those fish were all taken in that window , and that happens this week , will post some pics if we get a few

mark

We were at our wharf spot yesterday at first light and got one about 2 hrs later...then nothing for another couple of hours till around 2.30 were we got 2 more Blackies...best one was a 41 cm specimen...we hit the spot again today at first light and got nothing...all up 10 hrs of fishing over 2 days for 3 fish...yet last wednesday and Thursday 3 hours for 6 fish with 2 thumpers amongst them...

You should have a bunch of fish knocking on your door in no time mate :074:

bob yes to tell me where the fish are . But in this post, I meant "those" other mullet, dummy :074:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: hehehe :biggrin2::074:

hi everyone

cant work out why the blackies have gone off the bite ?

conditions perfect this morning no wind no fish

i think they may prefer the smaller tides say 1.3 to 1.4 or smaller

anyways thats fishing not 1 down in 2 days :mad3:

but that keeps you going back for more

TOP REPORT PETE

AND another very informative post and Peter your replies will help out everyone everyone all over the place.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Just to clarify, I was suggesting that you are in fact a mullet Jewgaffer :074:

Funny as!

Bobfish

I am too :biggrin2: Anyway you and I will be sorting out the bull mullet in Ballina in between the jew schools pretty soon and Bob, it'll be just like grouping multi coloured hundreds and thousand to top up all the cakes up there, I tell ya.

Cheers for now

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Pete & other Blackfish Addicts ....

Frustrating, isn't it?? Sometimes you just can't pick it! After my gun day last Monday (in the yak) for 7 kept, Tuesday was abysmal with one kept & most lost. Rest day Wednesday, tried again Thurs (with a fellow yakker)for the one keeper & a couple of biggies busted off again. Dave also got a nice one & busted off by a biggie. Out again with Dave on Fri & got I 5 keepers (all released.) Dave kept the one & busted off 4 times by biggies! The tide was so much bigger on Thurs/Fri & such a stronger flow.

Interesting to also note that the water was still rather dirty early last week, when I was getting all the hits, but was clearing rapidly by the end of the week when I was getting less hits .... but could see them!

Looking back on it, last Sat/Sun/Mon was a much smaller tide, hence you got much more 'fishing time' as the flow was slower for longer, so kept the float in the strike spot better! (If that makes sense!)

I tried for a few hrs yesterday on SPot X at Tuncurry & again this morning for 1 fish each day & will try again tomorrow morning when Keith goes to art again!

Interesting to read everyone's tales of woe! Not only is that fishing - that is Black Fishing!!! Just when you think you know what you are doing ( or at least you think you are doing it right ....) & then you get a big fat NOTHING!

It is the good days that keeps us coming back, eh???

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Hey peoples.

Long time reader first time poster. I went down to Narrbeen on Friday night. I was fishing at the bridge just near Woolies. Was a little quiet to start with but I ended up pulling in 3 Bream. Two were about 22cm and one that was 29cm. These would have to be the biggest Bream I have caught in the lakes. I normally only manage to get little tiddlers.

I also pulled in a huge toad fish that was about 30 - 35cm! I felt the huge dead weight on the line with only the occaisional stuggle. Thought it might have been a big flattie at first but unfortunately not.

I was just using servo prawns and overall was quite happy with the session.

Cheers Graham :beersmile:

Hey peoples.

Long time reader first time poster. I went down to Narrbeen on Friday night. I was fishing at the bridge just near Woolies. Was a little quiet to start with but I ended up pulling in 3 Bream. Two were about 22cm and one that was 29cm. These would have to be the biggest Bream I have caught in the lakes. I normally only manage to get little tiddlers.

I also pulled in a huge toad fish that was about 30 - 35cm! I felt the huge dead weight on the line with only the occaisional stuggle. Thought it might have been a big flattie at first but unfortunately not.

I was just using servo prawns and overall was quite happy with the session.

Cheers Graham :beersmile:

:1welcomeani: to the site Graham.

There are lots of land based spots in the lake to try although I've seen some big fish taken at Wooolies bridge

so not a bad spot.

I guess you have already read the article on Narra Lake but in case you missed it HERE it is.

Look forward to some more of your reports from the lake.

Cheers,

Pete.