Lookin' For 5m Plate Cuddy.......

Rubes

Lucky me survives brain bleed with no complications (so far) lucky me pins wife down with promise of boat upgrade!!!!! Me likes Barcrusher 530C or Allyplate 5.1 Odyssey, with probably 90 e-tec? I've read the lyrically waxed accounts of the Barcrushers' ride, and am cheesed off by Bombadiers' marketing strategies (whilst I admit they do make it sound bloody good!), but I cant seem to dig up too much re the allycrafts' handling?Anyone out there know anything?

Hi Rubes and welcome. The Barcrusher would ride better than the Allycraft, but neither would ride as well as the Aqauline range of pontoon boats that we import from NZ. These pontoon style boats do not have the internal room of say a Barcrusher, but the build quality, ride and safety is FAR superior. Check out www.aqualineboats.com and in particuler the 505 series and with a 90HP E-TEC on the back I do not think you could get a better boat/engine combo. It would not be the cheapest, costing a bit more than a Stacer /Allycrat or Barcrusher etc, but you gte what you pay for in life and an Aqualine is hard to beat.

Just my thoughts and feel free to PM me if you would like more info,

Cheers,

Huey.

HELLO RUBES,

ALSO WELCOME TO FISHRAIDER. I SEE YOU HAVE DONE A LITTLE HOMEWORK ON YOUR BOATS AND ARE NOW IN THE MARKET FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL LAST A LONG TIME AND SERVE YOU WELL. HUEY AT HEUTT MARINE IS RIGHT, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN REGARDS TO BUYING A BOAT. ITS NOT AN EASY OPTION BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM....... SO WHICH ONE?

AS A BUILDER OF THE COUGARCRAFT BOATS I CAN OFFER YOU MY EX DEMO BOAT FOR SALE, IT HAS ONLY 12HRS OF WORK AS IT HAS BEEN USED FOR SEA TRIALS FOR DEMO PURPOSES ONLY.IT IS OF COURSE A QUALITY PRODUCT AS ALWAYS AND IS A HULL THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN IN W.A FOR QUITE A NUMBER OF YEARS AS THIS IS WHERE THEY ORRIGINATED FROM.

THE COST TO YOU WILL BE $25000 ON THE TRAILER, THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MOTOR BUT WILL BE HAPPY TO SUPPLY AT A REALLY AWSOME RATE.

YOU MAY PM OR CALL ME DIRECT ON 0424826788 ANY TIME

KIND REGARDS

MARK

post-3074-1189156600_thumb.jpg

PIC

post-3074-1189156691_thumb.jpg

PIC

post-3074-1189156737_thumb.jpg

Just spent an hour updating my quest for the new boat, and then absent mindedly deleted the @#%&$ lot!

So in a nutshell; want plate 5Mish cuddy for family/fishing, like walk thru screen/dash, like e-tec 90, like the sound of Barcrushers solid construction and ride/ballast system,options I can add later.

Thanx Ross after all I've read, the e-tec looks good, I'd like to try one. Minimalism is good for mechanics in the long run.

Thanx Huey, Aqualine look like a nice product but as much as my mates would approve, the kids need a cuddy as i would for the night jew missions. I am prepared to pay for quality, so construction is an issue.

Thanx Mark, I like your boats and the green one looks great!How much room in the cab? Walk thru dash? Options? Have I seen it advertised elsewhere, it looks familiar?

My budget is 35G tops ready about Feb 2008, I would like to go for a few test runs in the Barcrusher and Allyplate Odyssey, and any other likely contenders both new and near new, if possible.

Thanx gents, keep fishin,...........

Hi Rubes, best of luck in your searching, but I persoanlly would much rather the Cougarcraft over the Allycraft or the Barcrusher. From what I have seen of Marks boats they are pretty hard to beat for plate construction. One thing I think you will find though is your budget of $35K may be a little low if you want a "clean" engine and a good quality trailer, but I do not know exactly what the Allycraft and barcrusher cost.

One thing to do is price them up with and without an engine and I can give you the "Fishraider" price for the 90HP E-TEC because often it is cheaper to buy the boat you want and get the outboard elsewhere.

PM me if you like and I will see if I can help you out. Also you should contact Mark and take him up his offer because that is pretty good buying there and the boat looks great, in my humble opinion much better than the two you mention.

Cheers,

Huey.

Mark what is the HP rating of the motor fitted now

Sorry mate couldn't resist :biggrin2:

It is a very tempting price your offering on this

Rubes as usual Huey and Mark are straight up with

their replies and it all comes down to bums in seats

line up your test rides :thumbup:

Chris

post-3054-1189220900_thumb.jpg

Buy the green one Rubes! :1fishing1:

Yep. That with an Opti on the back. Way to go. Barcrushers a wet boat...That one looks real mean.

I run a 90 Opti on the back of a Stacer 5.25. Noisier than the E'Tecs that travel with us. But more grunt, and use a fair bit less Petrol.

Macka17

Yep. That with an Opti on the back. Way to go. Barcrushers a wet boat...That one looks real mean.

I run a 90 Opti on the back of a Stacer 5.25. Noisier than the E'Tecs that travel with us. But more grunt, and use a fair bit less Petrol.

PS. if you can't afford It and a "Clean" motor. There's absolutely nothing wrong with straight 2 strokes. Apart from using more juice.

Boat will last you forever. Buy it, and a std 2 str. now. 5/7 yrs down track swap for clean donk.

T'is a thought. better than getting too far into debt. and you still got a great boat.

Take one extra out. (3 instead of 2) Cover extra cost of juice.

Macka17

Macka17

Thanx Macka, you mean Barcrusher offers little in the way of spray deflection? All these little things I need to know, what else do you reckon about them. Conv 2str. maybe, but how loud are they still?

Thanx Macka, you mean Barcrusher offers little in the way of spray deflection? All these little things I need to know, what else do you reckon about them. Conv 2str. maybe, but how loud are they still?

Coupla lads here really like them.

Tony's Rebel. (I reckon) gives a better dryer ride. travelling side by side. But they certainly look to be built well

Myself. Going in a Seaway, and spending decent dollars. i'd be riding a good glass.. Not ally.

Up here a lot of the lads are working in the mines. With. Corresponding wages. $110k plus a year

Lots go for the fancy plateys. Seems to be the in thing.

But very few have the ride of a good glass boat. (I've just sold my big boat. Legs getting too bad nowadays) But... If you ever travelled in an Allison. Edencraft. Cruise Craft. Even a Haines. in a GOOD seaway. You wouldn't even look at a tinnie, of any description. By the time they built to handle /Travel like a Glass boat. They as heavy as. and the only real advantage they have is bouncing off things. Just as heavy, needing just as many horses to push them along.

I have a tinny. Stacer. 5.25. Just a littlie. Compromise for sea and dams. It's a bowrider. Great casting playform for Barra. Spanno's etc. Out wide. I go in mates bigger Glass boats mainly.

As far as motors go. standard 2 str. Still cover about 65% of new motor sales. Nothing wrong with the bloody things. Lighter. Noisier. (But. Does that Really matter ?). As long as several of you going. Extra fuel used don't really matter. Till you get the BIG ones. They drink it.

I have 90 Opti. Mate on same boat 90 Yammie 2 str. Uses roughly 25 ish % more than me. at 3900/4100. 19/20 knots. Bigger use more.

If you can't afford both what you want. Go the boat firstly. Get that right. Most boats are good for at least 3 engines if used regularly.. Them's my thoughts anyway.

Regards

Macka17

Edited by macka17

Coupla lads here really like them.

Tony's Rebel. (I reckon) gives a better dryer ride. travelling side by side. But they certainly look to be built well

Myself. Going in a Seaway, and spending decent dollars. i'd be riding a good glass.. Not ally.

Up here a lot of the lads are working in the mines. With. Corresponding wages. $110k plus a year

Lots go for the fancy plateys. Seems to be the in thing.

But very few have the ride of a good glass boat. (I've just sold my big boat. Legs getting too bad nowadays) But... If you ever travelled in an Allison. Edencraft. Cruise Craft. Even a Haines. in a GOOD seaway. You wouldn't even look at a tinnie, of any description. By the time they built to handle /Travel like a Glass boat. They as heavy as. and the only real advantage they have is bouncing off things. Just as heavy, needing just as many horses to push them along.

I have a tinny. Stacer. 5.25. Just a littlie. Compromise for sea and dams. It's a bowrider. Great casting playform for Barra. Spanno's etc. Out wide. I go in mates bigger Glass boats mainly.

As far as motors go. standard 2 str. Still cover about 65% of new motor sales. Nothing wrong with the bloody things. Lighter. Noisier. (But. Does that Really matter ?). As long as several of you going. Extra fuel used don't really matter. Till you get the BIG ones. They drink it.

I have 90 Opti. Mate on same boat 90 Yammie 2 str. Uses roughly 25 ish % more than me. at 3900/4100. 19/20 knots. Bigger use more.

If you can't afford both what you want. Go the boat firstly. Get that right. Most boats are good for at least 3 engines if used regularly.. Them's my thoughts anyway.

Regards

Macka17

Thanx mate for a comprehensive blog! I know the glass boats are the go ultimately outside, but I plan to beach it a bit up rivers etc. and am sold on the plate thing as well. Lets face it, dont ya think some of em look just the shot! Also, I'm a bit prone to be bouncing off things also, and I dont even repair small Surfboard dings these days, just dont have time.Thought Barcrushers cabin would be dry with side clears etc. but yet to ride in one. How would you rate Allyplate Odyssey 5.1?

Like your 2str. idea. Will concentrate on boat, and also look at near new donks

Cheers again for info, keep fishin.............

Gday Rubes,

If your at the social on sunday track me down and I will take you for a spin in my Bar Crusher 530. If your not going PM me and I will arrange a time to meet with you and to take you out for a run.

Cheers

Balmain Bob. :1fishing1:

Wow thanx Bob for the offer! Sunday sees me tied up with my beautiful family, but I will definitely endeavour to meet up and get taken for a spin! I take it you are happy with your toy! Thanx again, I'll keep you posted......................keep fishin'...........Rubes

Gday Rubes

I intend generally intend to fish the Hawksberry over summer most weekends so it should not be too difficult to catch up with me.

The same offer is open to any fishraider who is thinking of buying a Bar Crusher. Just give me a shout.

Yes mate, I am very satisfied with the bar crusher. I did spend $20 000 more than I intended too but it was worth it.

I now can only afford to have a beer on days that end in y :1prop:

Cheers

Balmain Bob

I dont have any direct experience wit hBarcrusher but many seem to sit well down in the bow when at rest and they appear narrow although the water ballast does provide stability. I have a JBS centre cab 5.2 with 115 Yamaha 2 stroke that is amazingly versatile and very stable but a bit bumpy in the rough - about to go a bit bigger and with twin engines - the stability of these boats is amazing and these might be worth a thought becuase there is good shelter yet the allround access is works a treat.

Welcome Rubes,

I like the handling of a Cougarcraft as I have the 5 metre side console, Son has 540 Trailcraft and says it handles better than his. The broad beam and reverse chimes makes it very stable, have in fact been caught in a very rough sea coming home one day and no thumping at all, just like a giant shock absorber on the way down. Mark I am sure I have seen this boat before?

Anyhow nothing wrong with getting all this feedback.