Okuma V System Spinning Reels And Celilo Rods?

nargse1

Hey all

im looking at upgrading my plastics outfit and was looking at the Okuma V System Spinning reels in around VS-20 or VS-30.

and also matching it to a Okuma Celilo 6'6 to 6'10 rod.

anyone got any of these or used them? any feed back would be great.

cheers all :beersmile:

Hey all

im looking at upgrading my plastics outfit and was looking at the Okuma V System Spinning reels in around VS-20 or VS-30.

and also matching it to a Okuma Celilo 6'6 to 6'10 rod.

anyone got any of these or used them? any feed back would be great.

cheers all :beersmile:

Hey Nargse1,

My flick stick for the flats is a celilo 6'6, 1-3kg. I can't rate it enough, I searched for a while and found it to be great value for money, seriously light and very sensitive. Go for it mate :thumbup:

post-4050-1188986247_thumb.jpg

Hey Nargse1,

My flick stick for the flats is a celilo 6'6, 1-3kg. I can't rate it enough, I searched for a while and found it to be great value for money, seriously light and very sensitive. Go for it mate :thumbup:

post-4050-1188986247_thumb.jpg

what reel have you matched it up with?go the squidgy jig heads i see (my favourites)

Edited by nargse1

I have 3 Okuma Aveon's, the model below the VS. They are very smooth reels and I've had no problems with line lay or wind knots.

I own a Stradic and would rate the Okumas ahead of the Stradic. A completely different feel. I am very impressed with these reels but I have only had them for about 8 months, so I can't tell you anything about longevity. Looked after, I can't see them giving you any trouble at all. They also come with a lifetime warranty now, so you have nothing to lose.

BTW- I run 4Lb and 3Lb Fireline on my reels.

I've got the Okuma Inspira in a 30 size with 6lb Hercules braid. very smooth great little real probably my favorite to date.

I also have a Salina 80 with 50lb Finns braid on a Shimano deep jig 200, (it's fairly new have'nt caught a King yet, then again I've only been out once since I got it).