Fishing The Wall Today In The Drizzle

arpie

Hi guys

With the bad weather, I have been so bored being housebound the last few days & no :1fishing1: ! So, with the hint of only grey skies (instead of the usual black!) I darted down to my beach & harvested some lovley cabbage & headed to the wall!

Went down the end with the 'big guns' but the swell was not to my liking. so headed back to my 'old spot' down near the Coastal Patrol! First cast & The float hadn't even settled before it was whacked really hard! Didn't hook up tho! :( I was thinking ... oh no, here we go again!) Next cast, good solid fish, almost 40cm! Pulled well. As the water cleared, I cast further out & deeper & found the fish were out on the sand, not near the rocks! In fairly quick time (less than an hour) I had 5 in the bucket, all averaging 35-39cm. Really nicely conditioned fish. My neighbour's brother came down to chat, as he heard I was down there, & he saw me pull in a couple of the fish & couldn't help himself! He went home & got his gear! He is keen to learn the 'dark art'! He was struggling with his alvey reel, so I suggested he try with a spinning reel, & try the alvey again later! He will bring it all set up tomorrow!

post-2231-1189074706_thumb.jpg

Peter is a recent arrival in Forster & loves his fishing. Once we get his gear set up 'a la breakwall' he will be on the board catching his own fish! We are meeting up again tomorrow lunchtime (barring a hailstorm & torrential rain .....) and hope to get him into some fish. I gave him the 5 that I caught today.

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Well done Roberta,

We too fished the last couple of days in the upper Georges and worked hard for maybe 10 fish between the three of us.We probably caught 30 but so many sprats, but it is showing signs of coming back after the rain I have just bought a new rod and caught a 40cm gem on it that made my day.

Ross Hunter

G'day Roberta,

You sure are keen....I had the boat ready to head out this morning but when I woke up, it was pouring / bucketing out here on the farm.

Anyway looking to head out early t'morra before work. My dad is down from Nambucca and needs a to fish desperately.

Sneddo

Hi Sneddo

We didn't really have any heavy rain today - just the odd squall/drizzle here & there! Worth the effort to get out!

Hi Ross

Well done on getting your 40cm fish!! The pull that the bigger ones have over the smaller ones is amazing! Just on the pull alone, I would have put at least one of today's fish at over 50cm!! At one stage, I thought I had 2 on at the one time!!

They will reallyl be coming on after this rough weather I have been watching the rough weather off our beaches just now! When it backs off a bit, I may give it a go off the rocks here, as well!!!! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

Forgot to say that a jewieor big flattie had a go at the first fish on the way in!! I heard/felt a 'twang' & thought - ooops - there goes my hook, but the pressure was still there & I got the fish in. You could see the teeth marks on both sides of the fish. Forgot to take a closeup of it!!

Beautiful sunny day here today & relatively clear skies!!!

All the Bream Pro guys are up here just now - saw all their boats in the marina car park yesterday - the camera guys were there too - shame it was such a shitty day! They should get some good fottage today.

Cheers

Roberta

Forgot to say that a jewie or big flattie had a go at the first fish on the way in!! I heard/felt a 'twang' & thought - ooops - there goes my hook, but the pressure was still there & I got the fish in. You could see the teeth marks on both sides of the fish. Forgot to take a closeup of it!!

Beautiful sunny day here today & relatively clear skies!!!

All the Bream Pro guys are up here just now - saw all their boats in the marina car park yesterday - the camera guys were there too - shame it was such a shitty day! They should get some good fottage today.

Cheers

Roberta

Hi FF

I reckon the drummer will be off most of the rock platforms - Mona Vale, Turriemetta, South Whale - there is plenty of cabbage around just now & these rough seas would have been knocking it into the wash - bringing them on the chew!

Just be careful with the big swells out there!!!

Good luck!

Cheers

Roberta