Narrabeen Lakes

luderick59

Great to hear they have not dissapearedd whilst i've been gone Peter, save afew for my return :beersmile:

and well 27cm is not bad for a legal blackie i always thought that 25cm wasa little small you don't get much off a 25cm blackie when it comes to a fillet anyways, just going to take getting used to and i'll have to drag the measure stick out again. ha ha.

Hi Pete

Good to hear you were onto some fish - even if you missed the bigger ones! Were you on cabbage or weed? They've been taking weed better up here just now.

Seas are a bit rough - they may be in to cunje over the next day or so.

Cheerio

Roberta

.....did you warn him that is addictive....

Hi Pete

Surely did!! He is an excellent student! :1prop: The good news is that he also has a boat, so we may well attack the lake & target the leases, too!!

I don't often fish the rocks here - but will see what the sea does! It can be very unforgiving!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Pete

Good to hear you were onto some fish - even if you missed the bigger ones! Were you on cabbage or weed? They've been taking weed better up here just now.

Seas are a bit rough - they may be in to cunje over the next day or so.

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

How did the cryovaced (spelling) cabbage turn out?

Lindsay.

Hi Lindsay

I used one pack of it shortly after arriving back, and it had gone a bit slimey but still firm enough & stayed on the hook fine! However the fish didn't co-operate, so I chopped up the rest & put it in the burley. I think that helped me get into the fish from the wall!! I still have the other pack yet to use! Many thanks for that. I am experimenting with storing some fresh stuff in a bag made of 'shadecloth' - so it breathes & doesn't dry out totally. You can dunk the whole thing in the saltwater to 're-hydrate' when you go down. So far, it hasn't gone slimey yet & isn't clumping together & it is 4 days old already. Time will tell how 'well' it will keep. The stuff Pete gave me that day lasted a long time (it was the slightly yellowish streamer stuff.) It re-hydrated really well when put back in the water!

Wouldn't you know it - cabbage is everywhere just now!! I had been using some that I found growing along the lease walls when I was fishing from my yak the other week ..... now it is everywhere on the headlands!

There are some lovely big fish along the breakwall here & further up the lake just now. I hope to take the yak out either tomorrow or Monday ........ maybe both .... :1prop: and target those ones along the fencelines.

The Pro Bream guys are here to fish tomorrow for the AFC Competition - so on second thoughts, may stay off the water till Monday!

Have you been getting into any fish recently? I still want to try Pete's method of fishing the beach corners ..... the seas are too big just now, tho. They are talking 3-4m swells today. Also weather is still very unpredictable - just had a heavy rain squall dump on us 5 mins ago. It was lovely first thing this morning, tho!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

I have been busy renovating a bloody bathroom. No fishing :1badmood:

Pete's method of fishing the corners without a float is something he is a master at. He's perfected it. He never ceases to amaze me how he can catch big fish so close to himself whilst wading in the water. I have fished with him using that method and it feels just amazing when the fish take off with the bait and there is no float to look at.

That's good news that the cabbage is going great guns for you.

Good Luck,

Lindsay.

Edited by Divey

Hi Roberta,

Pete's never ceases to amaze me how he can catch big fish so close to himself whilst wading in the water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lindsay Pete wades up in to his chin, using stealth and burley and catches big fish, and when he sees a fin, more fish get caught up in the burleyed waders as he swims, then bolts like hell back out :1yikes::074:

Cheers Peter hehehehe

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer