Nepean Bass @ Penrith

Donna and I had a quick arvo session at Penrith today in great conditons with hardly any wind.

We had a few hits and landed a few but the action was a bit slow and the water is slightly discoloured,but still fishable.

They are hitting the surface lures as well and we landed these couple on tt gold spinner blades with 2 inch pumpkin seed grubs.

Nice to get back on the water finally as we havent had the boat out for ages.

post-256-1189244341_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189244349_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189244357_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189244366_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Donna and I had a quick arvo session at Penrith today in great conditons with hardly any wind.

We had a few hits and landed a few but the action was a bit slow and the water is slightly discoloured,but still fishable.

They are hitting the surface lures as well and we landed these couple on tt gold spinner blades with 2 inch pumpkin seed grubs.

Nice to get back on the water finally as we havent had the boat out for ages.

post-256-1189244341_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189244349_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189244357_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189244366_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Well done!

That tells anglers the Bass are starting to come back despite the ongoing cold. Just needs anglers to test the waters and others to test the wharfs and close structures to see if they're searching for food.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

hi stewy,

that smile says it all mate, :biggrin2: . i bet that first one felt good.. always does after a bit of time off the water......they looked like nice sized fish too..

A guy at the ramp told me they got 20 or so from early morning to mid arvo and the smallest was 34 cms.

Maybe we just a little late as the water had cooled,we got 17 degrees which isnt too bad just coming out of winter and the dreaded weed is no where to be seen :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Good to see you up there amongst the Bass there Stewy :yahoo:

Won't be long till I get the new boat and are up there myself. :yahoo:

Edited by rzep