Glenbawn Dam

glennmreid

Hi everyone!

I'm going away on Friday for a weekend fishing on Glenbawn Dam. Most of my fishing has been saltwater, so any tips on fishing Glenbawn would be really appreciated. Types of lures, locations in the dam to fish, species targeted etc

Thanks for your help. Will post a report on my return.

Glenn

Spinner baits and Jackals and a few hard bodies that will dive to 10 feet or so.

Look for water that is around 10 to 16 feet deep and trees submerged or weed beds.

Go past the furthest point you can see on the right hand side and go around the corner and work the banks early in the morning and 3pm till dark.

If the water has warmed enough the bass should be on.

We will be fishing the dam for a week in November as we have done for the last 7 or 8 yrs.

Good luck and looking forward to a good report ,the dam has risen to around 38 % which is not too bad.

Go and see Dennis and Sandra at the kiosk and tell them you are a fishraider :biggrin2: .

Dennis and Sandra are both members and really nice people :thumbup:

You will encounter good yellowbelly (Golden Perch) silver perch and Bass as well as catfish and maybe the very very odd murray cod ( I havent ever seen one in 10 yrs ,but people have caught them)

Cheers Stewy

Hi Stewy,

Thanks for the info. It is really appreciated.

Glenn

Spinner baits and Jackals and a few hard bodies that will dive to 10 feet or so.

Look for water that is around 10 to 16 feet deep and trees submerged or weed beds.

Go past the furthest point you can see on the right hand side and go around the corner and work the banks early in the morning and 3pm till dark.

If the water has warmed enough the bass should be on.

We will be fishing the dam for a week in November as we have done for the last 7 or 8 yrs.

Good luck and looking forward to a good report ,the dam has risen to around 38 % which is not too bad.

Go and see Dennis and Sandra at the kiosk and tell them you are a fishraider :biggrin2: .

Dennis and Sandra are both members and really nice people :thumbup:

You will encounter good yellowbelly (Golden Perch) silver perch and Bass as well as catfish and maybe the very very odd murray cod ( I havent ever seen one in 10 yrs ,but people have caught them)

Cheers Stewy

Hi Stewy,

Thanks for the info. It is really appreciated.

Glenn

Like you chopper, I have not spent ANY time on the fresh, but my regular visits to Tamworth in the past 2 years (missus has been working there) Has seen me stop off to have a sticky beak at Glenbawn and other Lakes/Dams in the area.

I'd be keen to drag my boat up there and give it a shot sometime - so the info is welcomed - thanks Stewy.

Stew

your the man :thumbup: setting up a Fishraider network

at some of the best spots around and always there to offer

up spots X Y & Z for Raiders

Chopper hope the fish are on for you guys and you can catch up

with the Chop

Don't forget the camera :biggrin2:

Chris

That is what this site is about Chris,I wouldnt have thought the bass would be on yet up the Nepean.

One of the members said that they were on and that got me back on the sweetwater 2 months earlier than normal :yahoo:

Thats why this site is so good ,members willing to share their knowledge with others.

I am just a small cog in this major bit of machinery ,it all works great with everyones input.

Cheers Stewy

Hope the guys get some action up there - have you heard

any reports on how it's fishing

Good to be a Raider :1prop:

We'll have to set a day to get some boats up the Nepean

soon - weekend day prefered :biggrin2: in the next few

weeks maybe mid October

hmmm got the last week of Sept off might have to dust off

tinnie and go Bass :1fishing1:

When in November are Donna & you heading to Glenbawn

Chris

hi all

fished glendawn last weekend for the freshwater masters

a very average weekend not many bass and not any reel good size

best results where blokes using down riggers and tassie devil lures :1yikes:

lake st clair is fishing alot better at the moment

biggest fish was caught in the main basin

so good luck hope u have better luck then i did

cheers

miller

Hi Chop,

I will keep an eye out for you. I'm going up on Friday, and staying until Sunday. I'm a member of the Sea Bees boating club that will be going up this weekend. My boat is a white Bermuda runabout, with the name CHOPPER and a shark picture on the side of the boat. I've included a photo so you have an idea what to look out for.

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Chopper ill be there Friday in the ANSA Comp where in the cabins, i have fished the dam for over 10 years and had some great days now a days we just troll and throw the odd Jackal & plastics , come say hello ill be with Joe Boat called Chucked Nutts its a Yellow Maxi Catt if you can't see us im sure you will here us.

Regards Chop

post-3324-1189550853_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1189550898_thumb.jpg