Broken Bay, Patonga

Ray R

Hi Raiders, Well haven't been out for a couple of weeks, so today Hutcho 1 and I went for an early salmon hunt around Lion Island and found a big zero, so then we anchored up off the north face of Lion and found a few nice bream, we caught about 8 but only kept a few, then we took off to West Head to get a few yakkas which we did and also scored some tasty garfish. So down to Juno Point we went , sat there with a couple of livies out but there were no hungry jewies today. So off to Patonga, we pulled up at the rock face and I threw out my Berkley 5" shad , 3 cranks and I'm on, this was the case for about an hour, Hutcho and I caught about 16,17 flatties and although most were small they were dam hungry and consistantly smashed the SP's. So that was our day on water as Hutcho decribed it out there " its like a playground ", we do have a beautful waterway up here. Hope you like my "fishing rod in one hand camera in the other" pics.. Cheers Raiders... Ray & Hutcho...

Hi Raiders, Well haven't been out for a couple of weeks, so today Hutcho 1 and I went for an early salmon hunt around Lion Island and found a big zero, so then we anchored up off the north face of Lion and found a few nice bream, we caught about 8 but only kept a few, then we took off to West Head to get a few yakkas which we did and also scored some tasty garfish. So down to Juno Point we went , sat there with a couple of livies out but there were no hungry jewies today. So off to Patonga, we pulled up at the rock face and I threw out my Berkley 5" shad , 3 cranks and I'm on, this was the case for about an hour, Hutcho and I caught about 16,17 flatties and although most were small they were dam hungry and consistantly smashed the SP's. So that was our day on water as Hutcho decribed it out there " its like a playground ", we do have a beautful waterway up here. Hope you like my "fishing rod in one hand camera in the other" pics.. Cheers Raiders... Ray & Hutcho...

post-3371-1189843292_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1189843430_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ray R

Nice report Ray,

you are right you know, it is God's Country out there.

I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Hey, with one handed photography like that................. you could do weddings............... Beer in one hand, camera in the other. And from what I hear, they get paid a motza!!

Cheers,

Stumpy :thumbup:

TOP STUFF!! We have hit the same area, lotsa flatties, so we thru out a couple of whiting rigs, see what we could get.. MATE! it was a FEAST! as soon as we added a whiting rig, we had flattie and whiting. Seems to be the way arond Patonga, and Dark Corner, Lion IslandPearl Beach, lotsa whiting, so set one/two rods for that, and another for flatties.. As we have found the best is, an out going tide, so you can drift along the shore.. have a different set of rigs in the water, and bang.... flattie, or whiting...

g'day ray, well done sounds like you had a great day out, good to

see your still getting into the fish.

how is brisbane waters fishing at the moment? i havent been out

for a long time been to hectic with hsc shit for school.

thanks in advance.

regards mark