Glenbawn Dam

glennmreid

Hi Everyone,

Fished Glenbawn dam this weekend. The weather was absolutely beautiful this weekend, shame the fishing wasn't that hot. Unfortunately, the water temperature was hovering between 15-17 degress, so the fish weren't biting. There was an Australian Bass Tournmant on at the same time. I heard that they had a hard time getting fish as well.

The good news is that I need get 1 bass that measured 35cm. I caught him on a green and yellow stucky lure.This is only my 2nd time freshwater fishing. Earlier in the year, I fished Glenbawn and freshwater for the 1st time and caught 2 bass.

I did have a good time. It is always nice to be on the water.It was nice for a change to fish the freshwater, as I mostly fish saltwater. May try the Hawkesbury at Windsor, as I have heard the bass are firing there.

Glenn

post-3324-1189919551_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1189919563_thumb.jpg

Edited by chopper75

Nice looking fish, Glenn! Well done, given the difficult circumstances. I wonder how the pros went in the end!! I guess they were the AFC guys? They were up here 2 weeks ago in Forster for the bream comp. THey do the bass comp as well & finish up with a go at Barra! What a life!

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

They were the AFC guys. From what I saw, they also had a tough time catching fish. Just one of those times when the water is cold, so they fish go off the bite. Funny thing my father in law told me. He was trolling past one of the AFC guys who wasn't doing too good. My father in law caught 2 bass in front of him. Talk about rubbing salt into their wounds :lol:

What a life they have. Chasing bream, bass and barra. Alright for some.

Glenn

Nice looking fish, Glenn! Well done, given the difficult circumstances. I wonder how the pros went in the end!! I guess they were the AFC guys? They were up here 2 weeks ago in Forster for the bream comp. THey do the bass comp as well & finish up with a go at Barra! What a life!

Roberta

Hey Glenn

What a laugh!! I'd love to be able to do that to the 'pros'!!! Were they keepers?? Hope so!

ROberta

I don't think they are allowed to troll tho (if they use the bream comp rules!)

Edited by Roberta

Hi Roberta,

The 2 bass were both keepers. You are right, the pros aren't allowed to troll. Just casting into snags and retrieving. The looks on their faces would be worth 1000 words when they see a weekend fisher come by and pick up 2 fish in front of them.

Glenn

Hey Glenn

What a laugh!! I'd love to be able to do that to the 'pros'!!! Were they keepers?? Hope so!

ROberta

I don't think they are allowed to troll tho (if they use the bream comp rules!)

:wacko:

What was the finals score, Stew? Is that what it means.

Just for you 25 - 6.

That's what I'm talking about........or ..........It's all you need.. :thumbup:

i was at the game last night and i decied im goin for a new team im gonna buy a ref's jersey and cheer on the ref's so i can never lose :wacko: