Fishing Out Of Hours

Webby

Hey there all

I'm hoping to duck out of work early for a fish today if the weather holds up - I can't wait for daylight savings to kick in which should further increase fishing time!!

Do any fellow fishraiders do the before work/after work fishing session (especially before work)? What do you target? How do you do maximise fishing time? What do you prepare the night before? What do you do with the fish you catch? And is there anyway to go to work after a session NOT smelling like bait??

CFd and i regularly do post work sessions, usually land based in port hacking or botany bay. most of the time we spend spinning for small pelagics like tailor, bonito and frigate mackeral and the rest of the time jigging for squid. Its a great way to wind down after work, and sometimes you come home with a great feed.

As for pre work sessions, i have done a few pre work squid sessions boat and land based as they only go on the bite for a short period of time right on dawn, i have also been out before work chasing dollies when the are thick at the close FAD and the weather is right.

How to not stink? Use lures, like soft plastics, metals and squid jigs.... handle anything you catch with an old rag or towel and take a box of "wet ones" to wash your hands once you are done.

I like to arrive with two rods most of the time i fish landbased, they should be rigged up and ready to go. i will usually rig the ligher of the two with a small squid jig on a snap and the heavier rod with a small metal for spinning if i should see a bust up. I will also take a small soft tackle bag with a a packet of plastics (usually pearl watermelon bass minnows) a few jig heads, a few different sized metals and an extra few squid jigs. A pair of scissors, some extra leader material that will cover both rods (usually 8 and 16lb flurocarbon) and a pair of pliers. A plastic bag and a keeper net is also a handy addition if you dont carry a bucket.

Mate i regularly go for before and afterwork sessions.

I put a post up a couple months back asking the same thing about cleaning and not smelling like fish as the others in the office didnt appreciate the smell as much as i do!! A lot of the main replies were use a strong scented lemon soap which ive been doing.

Apart from that i cant be much help in regards to the prep because i only live a couple minutes from the ramp and close to work as well I can have the boat hooked up and in the water in about 15 mintues to and from the office.

I normally go after anything i can get, normally see what happening when im out there.

Cheers

Dan

Hey there all

I'm hoping to duck out of work early for a fish today if the weather holds up - I can't wait for daylight savings to kick in which should further increase fishing time!!

Do any fellow fishraiders do the before work/after work fishing session (especially before work)? What do you target? How do you do maximise fishing time? What do you prepare the night before? What do you do with the fish you catch? And is there anyway to go to work after a session NOT smelling like bait??

Hi Webby

I try to go fishing before work sometimes. I fish for blackfish, the bait dont smell... only end up smelling like fish if I catch one.. :074: as they say, not a bad day if you end up smelling like fish