Jewfish - Cop The Size Of This Lot !

jewgaffer

Hi Raiders.

In the photo there are two big jewfish that were caught several years ago in an area somewhere between Newcastle and Shellharbour.

If you can identify the member who caught these big jew and the spot in the background and the bait which was used you will win a tub full of goodies. :lol:

I.E. If one member answers all three questions correctly he wins the larger tub full of goodies and smaller tubs, the consolation prizes below. :lol:

A smaller tub will be awarded as a consolation prize to second and third prize winners. :lol: I.E. The location & the bait used.

Conditions: No insiders need apply. One post only to each question within. The judge's decision will be final.

If there is a tie or several winners there will be a playoff with a quick quiz on jewfish questions requiring common sense and expertise in jewfish is not necessary. :ranting2: .

All answers will be given.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

:1yikes:post-829-1190609531_thumb.jpg :1yikes:

Edited by jewgaffer

You can't fool me jewgaffer! That's your identical twin brother "jewscoffer" holding the fish. Although, the "tubs" reference had me thinking for a while it might have been 'Mark Taylor'.

Where is he? Well, I think your "between Newcastle and Shellharbour" comment is a 'red herring'. I reckon it's the car park at Warragamba Dam. (Not many people know that it's a top jewie spot)

Finally the bait? ... mmm ... I think that they were both caught on Champion Ruby tobacco carefully moulded into the shape of a squid.

:yahoo:

Cheers

Peter

I'm so slow to have seen this challenge!!!

The fisherman is Grant, or JewHunter as he is called around these parts. I've never met Grant, but I recognise that face from his other photos.

The location might be Nth Narabeen, but since that's already been guessed I'll go with the Entrance.

And given the advice he has provided me in the past I'd have to guess freshly caught squid as bait - but again since this guess has already been made, I'm gonna maximise my chances of winning something by guessing live yellowtail.

Edited by Mondo

Grant for sure. And it looks like December 93 after a week of Solid rain.Thats Narrabeen at the mouth of the laggoon he was probably casting at a boomie . Im guessing an 80 gram popper with a 1/0 ball sinker to get it under the foam. 10 kg mono on a home made 10ft spin stick. The big jew looks to be 21.5 kg and the smaller one 17.5 kg.

What do I get :1prop:

Bloody hell you lot!

I love fishing with a wig on. :074:

Nah it was some time ago. :05:

Not fair Sharky. Jewgaffer said no replies from people with inside info. You are however spot on.

It was the first time I'd ever spun for Jew as well. :1prop:

Stewy, Paul & Bobfish, I have a very long memory. :biggrin2::mfr_lol:

Cheers,

Grant.

I dont think Im an insider :( You made that post 2 years ago when we had 2000 members I remeber it because It was in a thread I started. We had over 2000 members then from memory does that make 2/5ths of members insiders?

Anyway I dug it up Im not sure if jewgaffer found it in this thread or not from memory you posted this pic twice. Bloody great pair of jews to.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...ic=8307&hl=

Ok here are the progressive results so far. The competition is only just beginning due to a no disqualification and a number of dead heats.

I need to sort a number of the dead heats above out.

Results so far:-

Sharky was very astute in studying jew so he wins the tub of goodies as astuteness and memory recall is what it takes to catch jewfish. I do not regard study as insider knowledge and I have never seen that topic in my life but I have a copy of Grant's original.

rzep is correct in saying he is not sure of my son Paul's user name and he doesn't have one. And besides that, the fact that Paul doesn't recognise a person with hair means Paul wins a consolation tub and there's a user guide in it.

Bobfish wins a consolation tub of goodies because it could easily have been him because Bob is also a top jew fisho who wears multi coloured hairpieces and as he says he's more good looking.

Jewhunter done reasonably well, so Grant wins a tub and a gold Bomber lure which he will find in the tub in jakjayno1's garage at Kingscliff, when he next gets down there to collect his toupee from the lady next door's clothes line.

Stewy is quick at advancing the hair advancement cause but I'm not sure if he'll lose his hair advancement endorsement, so for being a good sport he wins a tub of goodies which includes a jewgaffer endorsed disposable ash tray.

Mondo wins a tub for his extraordinary abilty of recognising a face in a photo that he's kept in the pane of his wallet for nearly 15 years.

Silverfish is very innovative when he brings boiled eggs into the menu for jew so he also wins a spot in the play off quiz for his consolation tub

Penguin recognised the pine tree from the acorn blow and Shant recognised the same pine tree from scraping his thongs at the 2007 poodle show.

Luderick59 recognised the pine tree seconds before the crane rescued his 39th lure, which is pretty much on the target because Peter finds his lures in over 400 different pine trees a week..

THERE WILL NOW BE A SUPERCHARGED REPERCHARGED STAR STUDDED JEWFISH COMMON SENSE QUIZ FOR A CONSOLATION TUB OF GOODIES.

The last place was so close that the failures are invited to partake in the quiz class for a spare consolation tub

THE ENTRY TO THE QUIZ WILL BE OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS WHO ENROL IN THE CLASS BY REPLYING TO THIS POST IN A HURRY AS THERE ARE NOW SEVERAL TUBS AVAILABLE.

I MUST GIVE DUE NOTICE AT THIS STAGE THAT SOME OF THE QUESTIONS ASKED WILL BE A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN JUST COMMON SENSE SO IF YOU'RE SERIOUS YOU MAY STILL WIN A SMALL TUB OF GOODIES

CHEERS

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

well unfortunately i dont know who the guy is but i know those are two damn bloody humongous jewfish that i need to be catching!!! arghhhhhhh

That place where the jewfish is caught is known as Earth. It's caught in the earth's part where there is water

bait used must be jewfish of the opposite sex, naked.

i am drunk with envy and i dont know what i am talking about

cheers

Got me there Sharky! Geez you've got a good memory! I'd forgotten all about that thread.

Grant - some of us are quite literally incapable of forgetting the details of good jewfishing stories. I reckon Sharky falls squarely into that category, as do I. You can bet your @ss that I'll still be telling your 'surf popper' story (with the names and locations changed to protect the innocent) in 40 years time.

Did you ever manage another session to top that one?