Browns Mountain Sat 29th

achilles

Hi raiders,

despite reports of 30 knot westerly's we did the run out to browns in 40 min flat and arrived at about 8.00.....

by 9.00 am we hooked up and landed a 29kg yellow fin after a 30 min wrestle on 15kg gear.

Conditions werent ideal but cubing seemed to work....Meanwhile Jay Kay sees the other 15kg outfit go off and within 5 min we had a beautiful mahi mahi at the boat (approx 15kg).......Steve took several swipes at this lightning fast fish with the gaff but only managed to skin him and drop him.......oh well.....

are these fish supposed to be around this time of year.......we were in about 19.2 degrees of water......?????

anyway fished until 11.00 with no more luck other than a 1.5 kg stripie so we made the 2 hour trip home against a 20knot westerly.....

So far this season weve been out 4 times.......only come back with nothing once......total 5 yellow fin between 10 and 29kg 2 blue fin and a little stripie.......so got to be happy with that....

will post pics soon.......

Cheers

post-5092-1191151112_thumb.jpg

post-5092-1191151179_thumb.jpg

post-5092-1191151208_thumb.jpg

post-5092-1191151228_thumb.jpg

Edited by achilles

I WAS OUT THERE SATURDAY FISHING FOR BLUE EYE WHICH BOAT WERE YOU ON.

SAW 2 LARGE BOATS AND THE 2 HUNTERS.

WE TROLLED A FEW TIMES BETWEENS DRIFTS FOR YFT AND HAD 3 HITS FOR NO RESULTS.

HOPE FOR A FIN SOON. STILL A FEW BLUE EYE OUT THERE.

REGARDS THE WINCH.

I was out with achilles on saturday. to catch the fin were great but to drop the mahi mahi was dissapointing. we litterally had half of it in the boat when the gaff slipped. the colours were amazing on that fish and it would have made a nice side feed to the fin. suprisingly the fight lasted about 2 minutes. As soon as we got the hit, the fish swam toward the boat. I was pumping so quick just so I dont let any slack on the line. the next thing you know the gaff was already in the water and then zzzzzzzzzzzz....ping :05::ranting2: the fish lives to fight another day. never mind. the day was pretty good.

JayKay