A Quick Boating Session

squidboy

Hello Fellow Raiders,

Me and my Brother have been waiting patiently when our days off would line up with a good days weather for a squid session. We were in need of squid for some kings but we dont have much time off anymore. Sunday morning I needed to start at 11. So we woke up at 4 and decided to head out before I started.

We launched at 5:30am and squidded around the moorings at Rosebay only catching one. We then headed to a small spot where we managed 16 perfect sized squid. These were caught using 2.0gram jigs in pink and orange. Seems like the small squid are out now, so it wont be ling before the kings come in to eat them all. Hopefully Ill have one out as bait by then too.

We managed to get the boat home by 930am so it was enough time to wash up and go to work :mad3: .

All up an ok squid session, but we will be out a few more time to stock up for summer.

I froze some as soon as I got home, but the others may turn into tonights dinner. Fresh squid taste great, and there is plenty more where these came from.

Hope you all have a great long weekend.

Squidboy

post-2763-1191198225_thumb.jpg

HEy all,

I know how effective live or freshly caught squid is in the harbour for the kings but i was wondering how it goes after u freeze it, i never tried , is it as good. I know the packet the packet stuff is a waste of time but i spose this method of freezing will help when u spend all morning russling up afew zoidbergs(squid).How does it rate???

HEy all,

I know how effective live or freshly caught squid is in the harbour for the kings but i was wondering how it goes after u freeze it, i never tried , is it as good. I know the packet the packet stuff is a waste of time but i spose this method of freezing will help when u spend all morning russling up afew zoidbergs(squid).How does it rate???

goes extremely well provided you keep it away from fresh water at any cost. just bung it into a snap lock or freezer bag then straight into the freezes for the next trip.