Cronulla - Bate Bay

james7

Hi All

Because the weather looked so good, it was a last minute decision to get the boat out and give it a run. Arrived at the Water Street ramp about 10.30am and headed out off South Cronulla. The breeze was fairly strong from the north east. The drift was pretty quick.

First drop, and a small flattie – at least it was a fish! Surely this meant that is was going to be a great day?

post-4381-1191315462_thumb.jpg

Managed a fish about every 30-45 minutes. Ended up getting about a dozen flathead with just four kept.

post-4381-1191315565_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1191315639_thumb.jpg

"Mighty Syd" caught the two biggest, 48cm and 46cm, mine were both 39cm.

post-4381-1191315771_thumb.jpg

We were back at the ramp just after 4. Not the best day, but it sure beats working! At least it’s flathead fillets for tea tonight!

Also, only one rig lost to leatherjackets – Yay!

Cheers

Peter

good catch mate...

I was fishing around Gibbons beach on saturday for zip. IF you dont mind me asking, how far away from the beach were you fishing? i have tried all around bate bay and dont seem to get any luck...

Strike me lucky Pete. The young Bob Dyer look alike the old Pick-A-Box-Syd wins all the prizes again?? !!!

What was his caper this time Pete. The old Pick-A-Box Syd didn't give your baits the old mortein serve again did he? :lol:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I was fishing around Gibbons beach on saturday for zip. IF you dont mind me asking, how far away from the beach were you fishing? i have tried all around bate bay and dont seem to get any luck...

We covered a lot of territory from the middle of Bate Bay all the way into North Cronulla and Wanda to only 50m from the beach. The fish were few and far between and were spread unevenly. Any fish we got were more good luck than good management!

That foot of yours in that first pic is pretty close to those little barbs on the side of the flatties head, hope he didn't jab ta, nice fish guys.. Cheers Ray R...

Funny you should mention that Ray, Syd did end up getting spiked in the thumb and got blood everywhere. It just wouldn't stop bleeding. I thought it was quite amusing. :074:

Strike me lucky Pete. The young Bob Dyer look alike the old Pick-A-Box-Syd wins all the prizes again?? !!! What was his caper this time Pete. The old Pick-A-Box Syd didn't give your baits the old mortein serve again did he?

jewgaffer

Hey Jewgaffer, Pick-A Box Syd didn't have a great day - spiked by a flattie, caught the bottom a few times, got a few tangles, and didn't feel a hundred percent. I felt sorry for him so I let him catch the bigger ones! :yahoo:

Cheers

Peter

Does any one know when the wind is going to stop?