Squid Session 2/10/07

abiasin

just a quick report on last nights squid effort, went out to several spots in the memory banks which hold squid and managed to land 2 southerns and 6 arrows. nothing very big but should make good jew or kingie candy on the weekend. sorry no pics as by the time i got home i was knackered.

they are definately out there on the chew.

just a quick report on last nights squid effort, went out to several spots in the memory banks which hold squid and managed to land 2 southerns and 6 arrows. nothing very big but should make good jew or kingie candy on the weekend. sorry no pics as by the time i got home i was knackered.

Nice work mate!!!!

how do you keep them till the weekend do you freeze them in salt water

I agree.. the cephalopods are on the chew. The little ones are around too!!

How do you find the frozen squid for bait for Kings? We don't have the same same success as we do with the fresh stuff (caught within 4-6 hours of being used). :biggrin2:

Well done boys, good catch.

Im filthy, i was heading out tonight for a session on the squid with another raider but ive been called up for family duties.

Dom1

when freezing them put them in snap lock bags and squeeze the air out of the bag before sealing it. Make sure not to let any fresh water touch it and it will be good to go and store for a while.

Ceph,

Bro, i reckon they go good for kings after being frozen. But always gonna be hard to beat fresh

Edited by Kiwi Dan

Well done boys, good catch.

Im filthy, i was heading out tonight for a session on the squid with another raider but ive been called up for family duties.

Dom1

when freezing them put them in snap lock bags and squeeze the air out of the bag before sealing it. Make sure not to let any fresh water touch it and it will be good to go and store for a while.

Ceph,

Bro, i reckon they go good for kings after being frozen. But always gonna be hard to beat fresh

We have had days where the frozen does not work at all and the small amount of fresh we get is hit straight away. The frozen squid must exude some sort of natural chemical or odour and the Kings are upset by it! :thumbdown:

In saying that though, there are days when it doesn't matter what you put down there... :thumbup:

Edited by Ceph