BOAT, SO HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS....

FUEL- "DO I MIX IT MY SELF ?" IF SO, "WHAT PETROL AND WHAT OIL? (RATIO)"

MOTOR MATAINANCE- "BASIC DUTIES AFTER EVERY USE???"

MOTOR PROBLEMS- " EASY WAY'S TO DETERMINE POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH MOTOR"

FUEL TANK- "IS IT OK/SAFE TO USE A METAL FUEL TANK"

LONG SHAFT SHORT SHAFT- "HOW DEEP SHOULD MY PROPELLOR SIT BENEATH THE WATER"

KINGFISH- WHERE CAN I FIND ONE,TWO OR THREE?. :1prop:

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED... SO EXITED I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE RIGHT

BOAT TO POP UP FOR THREE MONTHS AND THIS ONES PERFECT (ITHINK,MOTOR)..

THANKS ARRON... :1fishing1:

hey aaron,

mix ratio should be 50:1 ( say 20ltr tank would be 400ml of oil ) any standard unleaded fuel , and I usually flush my motor with fresh water and spray motor with WD40 ( around linkages or moving parts )

I would suggest a mechanic or someone who has the equiptment to do a compression test and at least a service .

metal tank should be fine as long as there is no rust or crap in the tank

tony

hi arron,

Congrats on your new boat,

give me a call later on and i will give you some pointers....

put up some pics also if you can... email them to me if you dont know how...

what year motor is it... the serial number will give you the right year of manufacture...

basically your oil mix is 50 to 1 ratio

check inside of tank for rust/corrosion.... new tanks are not much ......

the cavitation plate (horizontal one above prop) should be around level with bottom of boat(ill give you proper measurements when you ring) this is open to adjusting for ride/boat type etc but theres general rules to go by...

as for the kingy's...mate just down the road from you there is some being caught lately.......

structure and markers... should be easy to find but having them hungry on the end of lines a bit harder. :wacko: ...

aron i do not use wd40..... this will corrode wiring..check all wiring and clean up for better contact......(.i use inox and givr good spray after every session,unless going out again next day......

talk later....steve....

Edited by roosterman

Thanks guys, To the ear the motor sounds fine, i think i will take it in for a service and compression test, and might invest in a new tank to play it safe.. So exited to take it out, I think it's best to be patient and ensure everythings up to scratch before hiting b,bay, especially with winds like today, beautiful morning with resonable conditions in the bay and within a click of the finger chaos, wouldn't like to stuck in that with motor problems...

thanks arron

Thanks guys, To the ear the motor sounds fine, i think i will take it in for a service and compression test, and might invest in a new tank to play it safe.. So exited to take it out, I think it's best to be patient and ensure everythings up to scratch before hiting b,bay, especially with winds like today, beautiful morning with resonable conditions in the bay and within a click of the finger chaos, wouldn't like to stuck in that with motor problems...

thanks arron

Arron. If it is a 5 year old motor they are will run forever if you look after then. Great motor. Do yourself a favour and make the effort and use the site sponser as they will access it and give you the right advice , new plugs decarb and whatever it needs and do a general service greasing the linkages and steering pivot etc. If you don't 100% know the history of last impellor change get it changed along with gear oil and then you know you are good for a couple of years. A good prop on that motor makes a huge difference if your existing one is worn and the advice you will get on setup is well worth the visit to a decent marine place and you will probably get advice on your whole setup and trailer not just a motor service. Useing the correct oil and a semisynthetic will make it run cleaner and last longer with less smoke so your days out will be more enjoyable. Use a 12 litre plastic tank check it is clean and always use fresh fuel and don't let fuel go stale. Oh yeah - service your trailer hitch and bearings as nothing wrecks your day out boating than hassles. If you plan it right you can go for a quick fish down Cowan and then water test it.

Edited by pelican