Fishing With Soft Plastics At Night?

UOMESX

To all you knowledgeable fishraiders was wondering if fishing with soft plastics at night is actually productive. I always leave when it starts to get dark because i figure they wont be able to see the lure. But now i am thinking the fish would have to be able to feel some kind of vibration or even smell the lures if you scented them. im hoping someone who has tried fishing with sps in the night can enlighten me if there is any tricks and basically if it even works

any help would be appreciated thanks

I know they'll work where there are lights to attract fish like flathead.Some bream guys use HBs at night like WX40's by making a bit of noise with them,and poppers sure work at night,so I think SPs would have to be worth trying-I'd be trying to figure out which types produce the most vibration and scent dispersal,and which colours would be most visible in low light.You've got me thinking anyway!Good question UOMESX .

Cheers,

Dave.

SP's work as well in the middle of the night as they do in the middle of the day.

If the fish are there, they will have a go at the plastic no problem.

Night dwellers only need Moon and Starlight to be able to see where they are going and what they are going to eat.

I've earnt the name Pikeman because I'm a gun Pike fisho. These fish, 90% of the time will only be caught between dusk and dawn when there is very little to no light.

IFS

a far bit of my soft plastic fishing lately has been at night due to the fact that it about the only time i get to have a fish lately. I seem to be doing better at night than during the day averaging 2 to 3 40+cm flatties but on my last outing only got a couple small (just legal bream) and an eel about 3 and half foot long and about as round an my arm, (must say that it put up a bloody good fight on 6lb line.

I Find the best coloured soft plastic's are dark colours that are bulky (so they give off a good silhouette) the best so far are the Gulp pumpkin seed 2" and 3" swimming mullet and than the flick baits in the same colour.

Cheers Dave

thanks for all the replies :thumbup: now all i need to do is pick up some gulp pumpkin seed and wx40s cant wait to give it a try in the night now. Keep the lines tight :1fishing1::biggrin2:

I think Dave B made a typo and meant sx40. I could be wrong but I have never heard of a wx40, but the sx40 is one of the most popular bream lures out. They are very pricey though so talk to the guy at the tackle shop about what colour to get for night fishing around your area. they are made by ecogear and are a hardbody not a soft plastic....

Edited by dicko

SP's work as well in the middle of the night as they do in the middle of the day.

If the fish are there, they will have a go at the plastic no problem.

Night dwellers only need Moon and Starlight to be able to see where they are going and what they are going to eat.

I've earnt the name Pikeman because I'm a gun Pike fisho. These fish, 90% of the time will only be caught between dusk and dawn when there is very little to no light.

IFS

Hey mate just curious, have you turned many of these pike into kings?????

sorry to hijack your thread a little UOMESX

Thanks Dicko,I meant Sx 40s-you'd think I'd have got that right considering how much I've spent on them. You can get them a bit cheaper on Ebay sometimes.That's why this idea of SP's got me thinking-I don't care about losing them.

Cheers,

Dave.

B)-->

QUOTE(Dave B @ Oct 7 2007, 06:19 PM) 199462[/snapback]

What species have you had results on Grant?

Cheers,

Dave.

I've caught plenty of Bream, Flatties & Tailor, the odd thumper Whiting & a Jew at night on plastics.

Gulp worms twitched slowly over shallow sandflats on a high tide are deadly at night. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks Grant :thumbup: Gulp worms worked slowly are the go ay :yahoo: The new hi-tech styles of soft plastics for deadly hook ups more often, are improving so much all the time. They might surpass our livies pretty soon, if they haven't already among the brands we may not have tried.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

i have found that most of the fish i have got at night are flatties and bream and you have to be careful big eels love to i have got 3 all over a meter in the last 4 weeks, they make you think you've got a nice big flattie or a small jew belive me it's a big disappointment when you get to the bank.