Kayak

philip_the_fisher

Hi Phil

I have 2 kayaks - one sit in (Perception Minnow) & one sit on (HobieSport).

You stay dryer in a sit in & get a little wet in a sit on (less wet when on a Hobie.)

I use my sit in for fishing Wallis Lake & getting into the leases here on high tide. It is a great little boat & easily handled by one person. The larger the boat, the heavier it gets. See my setup

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...mp;#entry135438

If you want to troll & flick lures, I would lean towards the Hobie - with the pedal system, it makes it so easy to flick lures & change direction easily when trolling. You also have both hands free for instant attention to your rod when you get a strike. A depth finder is almost essential (Eagle Cuda 168 about $150 is a good allround one.)

If going for a Hobie, you may want to go for the bigger Hobie - Outback or Revolution - best advise would be to go out & try as many as you can (in the water for at least 2hrs with each) and make your decision that way.

Basic sit ons/ins start from $6-900 + you have to pay for the seat, paddle & other extras. The Hobie (new) is closer to $2000 but usually comes with seat, paddle, wheels etc. However, I got mine 2nd hand with the sounder & all the addons for $1500. Fantastic craft & the stealth factor has to be seen to be believed. You can paddle or pedal it (the Hobie)

Here is my Hobie in all it's splendour!

post-2231-1192232890_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Roberta

PM me if you like with specific questions

Edited by Roberta