Harbour Kingy Report

oldsalty

Hey all,

Went out early this morning to find some kings. Due to an electrical problem the sounder and my livewell pumps were on the blink which would make things a bit tricky.

Got to the spit at about 4.30 am to find afew boats jigging for squid, tried for half an hour for no result so took off to find somewhere more productive, hit about half dozen different spots for about the same amount of squid ranging from small to quite sizable.

Pulled in at manly wharf for breakfast, hot coffee, bacon and egg pie and crumbed chicken pieces on a crisp morning on the water....... :biggrin2: When we finished we decided to go hit the kings.

Without the sounder we decided to downrig around spots we were familiar with so we stuck to the markers in the main harbour,hit the wedding cakes,clifton gardens and various other markers for no result,had no idea of water temp and couldnt look for bait or arches, really made it tricky.Headed back into middle harbour and trolled a fresh little squid all through seaforth then over to sugarloaf for a big zero.

Headed over to pickering point and dropped the pick and sent down a few diff baits at afew diff depths for absolutely nothing before heading in. I didnt see any surface action all day either. :thumbdown:

A beautiful day on the water but where were the kings?

Anyone find any this weekend?

oldsalty

great report mate, shame on the kings though mate. i dont quite think they are in the harbour in their numbers yet but im sure it wont be long with the 18-19 degree water we are seeing at present. looks to be a bumper season for them thats for sure, just got a little longer to wait thats all.

shame about no kings mate,but better to be on the water not catching fish then anywhere else hey....

the squid seem to be as patchy as the kings.....

hi Kingies till i die, i know why they havent started yet......... my kingy weapon(roosterboat battleship) is not quite ready yet.... cant start the party without me :074:

cheers guys....steve....

shame about no kings mate,but better to be on the water not catching fish then anywhere else hey....

the squid seem to be as patchy as the kings.....

hi Kingies till i die, i know why they havent started yet......... my kingy weapon(roosterboat battleship) is not quite ready yet.... cant start the party without me :074:

cheers guys....steve....

that may well be the reason mate, ill be looking forward to some good kingie reports from you this season especially with the downriggers mate.

chouldnt be long now though till the small boaties can rip into them, cant wait.

I went out at 5.30 am on Saturday and the I found the fish on the sounder at North Head and there was some big ones there and heaps of bait. The problems was that there was a 3 metre swell rolling in and the they didnt want to take any lures.

Also it there was a large log floating around with heaps of rubbish in the water.

Hi old salty,

we hit middle harbour on sat morn at 4.00am, there were 1/2 doz boats fishing for squid at the spit bridge so we went and tried a few other tried and proven spot's for a big zero :mad3: They seem very finnicky lately?

Went and scored some yakka's around balmoral and headed back up MH to fish the holes around Seaforth on the high tide.

No kings or jews however we did manage some reasonable little reddies and some good blurters.

Hopefully the kingies will turnup soon.

Regard's Rod.

We had similar problems last week..... we caught few squid, so stripped them up and had no takers, lots of bait moving around in middle harbour but nothing chasing them..... well nothing of any great size! The sambos were our sayvour last week with lost of fun being had taking them on light gear...... Shame about the people that persisted to drive straight through the schools inculding one guy that was trolling through them with tiagra 50's out the back...... Must have been hoping for a dolphin or one of the whales that was around :1prop::074:

Edited by fishlexic

same as you mate, found the squid at the spit few and far between! also no kingies, tried at the spit and sugarloaf for nothing but pickers! managed a couple of flatties up around roseville, but even they were few and far between this weekend! dont know what the deal was! anyways, can only get better i guess!