14/10 Harbour Funny Day

Yabbiehunter

post-3509-1192419110_thumb.jpgHi all i also was out there this weekend and like most of you i tried the same tactics, i managed 3 squid, 1 large one and dropped another 4, but i didnt try the spit as i saw 2 many boats there, the only funny thing i found was....... even though i was trying to catch squid when it was dark i managed 3 squid and dropped 4 all in around 30 min @ first light. i had the same experience as you guys , the fish were not on the bite, fished @ pretty much everywhere for nothing started @ middle harbour 4 nothing, hit Sow and Pigs (with about 10 other boats) Wedding cake and then even ended up going out the heads as it was not to rough Sooooooooo many boats out there but no fish i had every bait under the sun(fresh caught squid, prawns chicken fillet, pillies,bagged squid and live nippers) but no good at the end of the day i scored 5 trevally and 1 large port jackson shark which was released ,a very very nice day to be out on the water but the only issue was i didnt even see other boats pulling up fish, very unusual day all the ingredients for a good day where out there minus the fish, i hope that some people did better than i did.

Cheers

p.s

This is my 5th shark in 2 weeks are some people finding a lot of these sharks around?

post-3509-1192419110_thumb.jpgHi all i also was out there this weekend and like most of you i tried the same tactics, i managed 3 squid, 1 large one and dropped another 4, but i didnt try the spit as i saw 2 many boats there, the only funny thing i found was....... even though i was trying to catch squid when it was dark i managed 3 squid and dropped 4 all in around 30 min @ first light. i had the same experience as you guys , the fish were not on the bite, fished @ pretty much everywhere for nothing started @ middle harbour 4 nothing, hit Sow and Pigs (with about 10 other boats) Wedding cake and then even ended up going out the heads as it was not to rough Sooooooooo many boats out there but no fish i had every bait under the sun(fresh caught squid, prawns chicken fillet, pillies,bagged squid and live nippers) but no good at the end of the day i scored 5 trevally and 1 large port jackson shark which was released ,a very very nice day to be out on the water but the only issue was i didnt even see other boats pulling up fish, very unusual day all the ingredients for a good day where out there minus the fish, i hope that some people did better than i did.

Cheers

p.s

This is my 5th shark in 2 weeks are some people finding a lot of these sharks around?

Caught 2 of them at sow and pigs last weekend but were a heap bigger than that one.

was out on sunday and found the samething. only had one run all day with no hookup. oh an i caught a flounder, keeper but they dont count much when your chasing kings.

Caught 2 of them at sow and pigs last weekend but were a heap bigger than that one.

was out on sunday and found the samething. only had one run all day with no hookup. oh an i caught a flounder, keeper but they dont count much when your chasing kings.

Yabbiehunter (or sould it be Sharkhunter) :biggrin2:

We usually get squid in patches. Often there will be a double or triple hook up and then quiet again for half an hour. I guess this is testimony to the notion that squid school in twos and threes or more as the case may be. :thumbup:

Edited by Ceph

Yabbiehunter (or sould it be Sharkhunter) :biggrin2:

We usually get squid in patches. Often there will be a double or triple hook up and then quiet again for half an hour. I guess this is testimony to the notion that squid school in twos and threes or more as the case may be. :thumbup:

Cheers

i am finding though that the squid seem to be in deeper water at the moment or am i mistaken?

We had a slow start on Sunday as well , burleyed up at the yellow marker at Nth Head , only bought in lots of very small sweep ( we were hoping for the oversize Yakkas that were there the week before).

Moved to the Spit , not even a nibble after 20 mins , so moved to Clovelly , where I caught a PB flounder of about 38cm.

So , back to Old Faithful , spot X at Watsons Bay , #1 son got smoked by either a small rat , or a big chopper !! Good fight for few minutes , then sproing !! GAWNSKI'S !!

I scored my usual haul of pinkies , 2 going oh so close to legal :1badmood:

After about 4PM , we headed off to Elizabeth Bay for a drift , Brett landed a very lazy Flathead on the first drift , got him inot the boat , and it went absolutely nuts !! It was necessary to administer a little anaesthetic just to get him out of the net! PB flatty to #1 Son , 58cm ! :thumbup:

Set up the drift again , this time my turn , 52cm flatty!!

Set up another drift , another flatty pour moi , 38cm !

Slow start , but good finish to the day !

Bretts fish caught on Gulp Alive shad , mine caught on peeled prawn.

I'll post the pics tomorrow.

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager