No Salmon Fun!

wildfish

picked up james1990 and headed for botany for some afternoon salmon fun!

got to the ramp to see sammy and chris cleaning up a few fish!!!

the plan was to have a quick flick for flatties at brighton then go chasing the salmon schools for an hour or two till dark! but chris told us there were plenty of trevs over at the oil warf. so we thought we would head over there and we could end up with anything. this was the first time i had gone fishing without any bait whatsoever.

so on go the plastics and we just drifted obout having a flick too no avail! moved up to the sticks, no good! moved over to the grynoms and tied on some divers to chase flatties, no good! so i decided to troll about but kept fouling the lures with weed, so we moved back up to the hot water outlet and trolled up to the oul warf dropoff area! picking up 1 tailor at 39cm!

at this stage we decided to head over to stuff about and wait for the salmon to show! i tied on a popper and james a raider and start playing around the marker buoys! nothing!

finally we se some birds working the surface! race over and realise their eating bread from a nearby boats burley trail!

suns going down no salmon decide to venture out see if their outside. nope!

so we tied on some big plastics and moved in to the north head and had a few casts and were both getting follow ups but just as we spotted them they were off so not sure what they were!

moved down to the bare island bommie. by this time it was dark and the salmon never showed! so we had a few casts out the back of the bommie where i picked up a large pike!

stoped on the way back at moulinex for a couple of casts but no luck so we went home!

sorry about the pic i thought we might have something better to show so i didnt take a pic!

post-3094-1192930016_thumb.jpg

Crikey, I hope you guys had plenty of petrol in the tank. Looks as if you did more travelling than fishing. But at least you seem to be enjoying yourselves

. Good on ya lads

Cheers BART :1fishing1:

Edited by bart

funny you should say that! im taking the boat up to huey tomorrow for service and i was trying to empty as much fuel as possible so i can start running some of hueys super duper synthetic oil on a fresh tank! unfortunatly we only used about $10 fuel leaving plenty in the tank!!!

Tailor are great if you eat them fresh..

but best bet is to smoke them - YUM

Without a doubt smoked tailor is delicious. We only ever smoke them - got two in the fridge marinating in brine at the moment.

Any idea how long they will hang around for around Sydney / Broken Bay?