Mini Blackie Social

GregL

Met an new raider today.

G'day Royce, nice to meet you buddy and Chris, a pleasure again to share a rock with you!

Snag, JustinP and myself met up with the boys on a quest to find some blackies up the Parra.

At 6am we all met up to find the spot we wanted to fish already taken.

Plan "B" and around the corner we went and even there we had to share the rocks!

NIce weather on Sundays and all the fisho's were out in force.

We set up, got a stream of burley going and waited and waited and waited alittle more.....

The boys on the rocks.

post-3563-1192962390_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1192962421_thumb.jpg

Finally as the tide started to bottom out the fish started to come on the chew.

Even Jorg got one on his first attempt to get one on weed!

post-3563-1192962508_thumb.jpg

We fished hard but the fish were few and far between.

I think all up we got only 8 or 9 by the time I had to go home for some family activities.

Few more from the morning

post-3563-1192962846_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1192962871_thumb.jpg

Justin found it tuff this moring and just wanted to to land at least ONE for the day.

So after some sweet talking to the wives he some how got us another leave pass.

We only had a short time left before dark so we hit down the street at our local park.

We had never blackfished it before so alittle prospecting was needed till we found where they sit.

The downs were no mucking around types with floats rocketing down and rods buckling from weight of fat fish.

post-3563-1192963161_thumb.jpg

Couple more.

post-3563-1192963334_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1192963351_thumb.jpg

So that was Sunday's sorrty.

Wonder what Monday brings?

Out with the Strike Zone boys on the hunt for some big kings, fingers crossed!

Cheers

Greg

Sure was a tough morning for me, the other boys seemed to have a handle on things though and it was nice to bag a couple of good ones in the arvo over a few beers, they bite better in the arvo I think, sure was great to fish with Ceph (chris) again and to meet Royce, highlight of the day was watching Chris take a huge tumble on slippery rocks midfight, but he calmly stood up and landed a nice specimen, he also landed one whilst on the phone earlier, who says men cant multitask, also fished with Snag (Jorg) for the first time today, (have met before), and his company was great, (sneakily he brought the bream rod and also bagged a decent flatty 50-55cm whilst waiting for the bite to come on, camo worm cant beat them), anyway fun had by all, cheers Justin.

Sure was a tough morning for me, the other boys seemed to have a handle on things though and it was nice to bag a couple of good ones in the arvo over a few beers, they bite better in the arvo I think, sure was great to fish with Ceph (chris) again and to meet Royce, highlight of the day was watching Chris take a huge tumble on slippery rocks midfight, but he calmly stood up and landed a nice specimen, he also landed one whilst on the phone earlier, who says men cant multitask, also fished with Snag (Jorg) for the first time today, (have met before), and his company was great, (sneakily he brought the bream rod and also bagged a decent flatty 50-55cm whilst waiting for the bite to come on, camo worm cant beat them), anyway fun had by all, cheers Justin.

Was a great day Lads.

Justin, men can definitely multi task. I can be on the phone and drink beer at the same time! :tease:

I am a bit sore from the tumble but, it was worth it!! :thumbup:

It was good to catch up with you guys again and hear Greg's GT and Dogtooth stories!! I am saving my money for one of those trips.

I am glad you picked up a few later on in the day. IK always like fishing a brand new spot sucessfully! :biggrin2:

Thanks to Royce for the location and weed gathering. He also gave me a couple of hand made floats which was most generous of him :biggrin2:

Lets do it again soon.

Edited by Ceph

Hi guys

Nice looking fish!! THey look in good condition, too. Sounds like a great day was had by all - sorry to hear of the tumble - it happens to everyone eventually, but well done on still landing the fish!!

Roberta

Greg big thanks for the invite to go out and get my first ever luderick on weed :thumbup:

I can say this, that if you never targeted blackfish before have a go they go like a bat of hell when they get hooked great stuff.

Justin,chris and Royce nice to meet you all and i hope to bump into you guys again. :1fishing1:

Greg big thanks for the invite to go out and get my first ever luderick on weed :thumbup:

I can say this, that if you never targeted blackfish before have a go they go like a bat of hell when they get hooked great stuff.

Justin,chris and Royce nice to meet you all and i hope to bump into you guys again. :1fishing1:

And you too Snag.. was a funny little session. You looked very pleased with yourself with your first Luderick on weed. We will have to reconvene in a couple of weeks and have another session. Justin has some spots up his sleeve!!! :biggrin2: