Bar Crossings

Guest bluecod

Guest Big-Banana

Ive heard Batemans Bay (Where Iam going) isnt notorius but Iam still gonna respect it. SWR has a reputation and they shouldnt be underestimated. Iam a bit worried but theres a first time for everything.

Ive heard Batemans Bay (Where Iam going) isnt notorius but Iam still gonna respect it. SWR has a reputation and they shouldnt be underestimated. Iam a bit worried but theres a first time for everything.

24384[/snapback]

Agree!

Note: There is a DVD available from:http://www.safeboating.org.au.

Send them an email from the web site, and they send the DVD.

Its pretty basic, but good to have your 'deckie / mates' watch and its free!!

merry xmas. :beersmile:

:thumbdown: If you know anybody at SWR ask them about the "Prawn" He lost a Haines "Breeze" and all his gear trying to negotiate the bar there. It pays to Listen to the Forecast from the Coastal Patrol and know the capabilities of your boat before you venture out.(will try and post a photo of this later) TAKE Note all Fishraiders we want you to have a safe and happy xmas this year :1fishing1:

HD

Guest Big-Banana

Not giving any DVD a free plug but this has definately boosted my confidence about bar crossings. Its called How to Cross a Bar and its made by the AustralianBoatingCollege. They not only show how to cross the bar they show how not to cross the bar. Boats arfe destroyed but it gives a good insight into bar crossings.

Not giving any DVD a free plug but this has definately boosted my confidence about bar crossings. Its called How to Cross a Bar and its made by the AustralianBoatingCollege. They not only show how to cross the bar they show how not to cross the bar. Boats arfe destroyed but it gives a good insight into bar crossings.

24520[/snapback]

Where do you get it? (and how much)

Guest bluecod
Note: There is a  DVD available from:http://www.safeboating.org.au.

24507[/snapback]

Bullfrog,

This info was in an earlier post in this topic

anyone launched out of hat head creek, and how does it compare to back creek or the macleay? a mate wants to launch from HHC in feb next year rather than SWR. Hat looked easy enough when i visited the area in march...but that wasn't in a noreaster.

On a kind of unrelated note, my brother rolled his boat recently (not in Sydney). Luckily he was alright, although he was very shaken up for a few weeks, and the boat (18ft fibreglass milligan) was able to be salvaged, although obviously all electronics were stuffed, motor needed heaps of work & lost heaps of gear.

Basically he was in the wrong place at the wrong time (in behind a bombie when a freak wave came and hit him side on as he never saw it coming). Its a place that he and other fishos regularly fish.

Afterwards he was asked to attend a Waterways interview. They asked him a range of questions and he answered them all in a frank and honest manner. Waterways have since hit him with a $500 fine for not keeping a proper look out, abit like a negligent driving charge. This is nasty cherry on top of the over $5k damage to boat and lost gear.

So if you are ever in a boating incident be careful about what you say to Waterways, and if its a serious incident think about have a legal person with you. Waterways did not explian to my brother that his statement would be used as evidence against him. Indeed without his statement Waterways would not have been able to fine him.

Guest hottuna

Very bad luck there.

The mouth of the hat head creek has been closed for about 10 months now. I`m told everyone has to use swr .

Dan

Guest Big-Banana

24520[/snapback]

Where do you get it? (and how much)

24687[/snapback]

Note: There is a  DVD available from:http://www.safeboating.org.au.

24507[/snapback]

Bullfrog,

This info was in an earlier post in this topic

24688[/snapback]

This is a different one which cost around 35 but is definately worth it.