Broken Bay Fad This Sunday

Andy Loops

Hello Raiders,

Anyone been out to the Broken Bay FAD recently?

Was thinking of heading out and taking a look.

Any other boats going to be around? What channel you on?

Cheers

Andy

theyve only just been put back in mate, let us know how you go when you go out there. probly be some small dollies near by i would think going by the amount that have been cruising around the last few weeks hiding under anything floating.

Wow everyone getting the dollie fever so early in the season. there must be some warm current in close?? if not I can't see anyone getting any action for a while yet. What temp are we experiencing out their at the moment?? Anyhow good luck I think you're gonna need it

Cheers

Now that I am running a rig that is capable of heading offshore safely I decided to take advantage of the great weather and head wide. This was really a pilot run to test organisation, gear, and the ability to find the FAD!

Went out with Browney, a fellow raider, and we had a cracker of a day. Nailed a nice sized tailor on the way out, filled the livebait tank with the livies as thick as I have seen them - without burley!, made it out to the FAD in record time with no sea to report.

Water was 21 degrees at the FAD - what temp turns on the dollies?

Anyway we got a nice little rat king that nailed a yakka nearly as big as itself and an aussie salmon going 55cm taken while drifting over the flatty grounds north-east of Lion Island.. Great fight on a little bream rod hey Browney!

Just want to thank Mike for his great company and undying enthusiasm to get a line wet. Also - you definitely hold the title as master baitcatcher! Just wait mate once the season picks up we will be out there with bad intentions! Beware Dollies!

Hopefully this weekend stays true to forecast as its so nice to get out when the sea is co-operating.

Guys just a heads up on the water temp, we have found water to 24.5 out wide last weekend and its about 22 near the coast so there should be some dollies around.

Also at the end of april last year in 19 degree water we got dollies at the terigal fad so the water should be ok but it will be more the time that the fad has been out there that will be a problem!!!! I would expect a few little guys but probably no big bulls yet!!! Good luck loopy!!!!

With that sort of Temps no wonder a few are around, I have experienced same down south a couple of years ago where the temp was only 19.5 and up were coming the dollies, first time in 15 years that has happend but I suppose, if they're on the bite anything is possible, been out with 23 degrees and not a dollie in sight so go figure anything is possible.

Cheers and good luck guys

Nice report Andy :thumbup: That big Boston Whaler is a great choice as an all rounder, just a great boat for whatever you go for.

You certainly have a great livie offsider and a rapala tailor expert there in young Browney. I owe young Mike a jew session so Andy give me a call any time you're keen for a Saturday am start, a day when it suits young Browney too would be just the shot.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...

Heya Byron! Sorry mate I just saw this post.

The Whaler is fantastic offshore - I am so happy with the boat - now the challenge is to find more time to spend on the water.

A Saturday out chasing jews is just what the doctor ordered. Mike and I will be in touch!

Cheers,

Andrew