No Bream

Jamiel1000

Hey all raiders,

I was down the local haunt yesterday having a late flick with a couple of other raiders.

We were discussing the lack of bream at the moment.

Curious to see what other are noticing at this time of year.

Last year at this time we were constantly getting smashed by good size critters.

Is it the rain?

Plenty of lizards though but no breambos and next to no whiting

Maybe they are sick of Berkleys :1yikes:

Edited by Yes Dear

mate totally agree with you... no breambo's but gezz alot of flatties.. have not seen this many for years. me and a mate of mine head down to our local (georges) and mate were just been switchn straight over to the heavy stuff for flatties and pickin up 5 each in a hour no probs...

cheers livebait..

mate totally agree with you... no breambo's but gezz alot of flatties.. have not seen this many for years. me and a mate of mine head down to our local (georges) and mate were just been switchn straight over to the heavy stuff for flatties and pickin up 5 each in a hour no probs...

cheers livebait..

yeh theres been heaps of lizards and good size ones too but I need some of those nice long runs of the breambos

wonder how long we will have to wait

has anyone seen it like this before?

botany bay were i fish for them is pretty quiet also on the bream,there are a few but pretty hard work & lots of patience needed to get them,although flathead & trevally are goin ok.

It was the same last year,until the water temp warmed up in january then right through from then until late

april the bream were on fire & we got plenty of fish every trip out there.

Looks like might be the same again this year.

cheers;

steve

There are bream in the bay Yesterdays comp results prove it Flathead1 and I finished seventh out of 33 teams with a bag of five bream weighing 2.866kg The winning bag was 4.884kg Two of the bream caught weighed over 1.5kg Unfortunatly I cant give any details on how the bream were caught until after the next comp on in the bay on the 9th dec :biggrin2:

Also caught a few good flatties well over 60cm trevally tailor and a thumper whiting

hey iceman did you sy you were at the comp aswell lol umm..i was there aswell but fortunatly my nuncle and i won that round it was a great day

hope to see you in the othe rounds

cheers top breamer

Well done :thumbup:

That was an outstanding bag

Any hints you want to give me :biggrin2:

hey iceman did you sy you were at the comp aswell lol umm..i was there aswell but fortunatly my nuncle and i won that round it was a great day

hope to see you in the othe rounds

cheers top breamer

Good effort mate,

thats a very nice bag and did you also get big bream....1.6kg!!!!!!!!!

Billy

Good effort mate,

thats a very nice bag and did you also get big bream....1.6kg!!!!!!!!!

Billy

Not quite, young Nick got the second biggest Bream of 1.5. Big Bream went to another team :thumbup:

Thumping bag though of 4.886kg. Hard to top that!

Cheers

Windy

i've heard of good bream in the brisbane water area. . . my grandad's good mate has

been getting them around the rip bridge on the wagstaffe side in the little bay to left

hand side. this was about 2 weeks ago though. they were taken on baits not plastic.

they have gone to around the kilo.

regards mark

Noisy buggers can be a real pest sometimes, :1prop:

hahahaha. :1prop::beersmile:

beats hanging with your mother in law hey......your son looked like he was swimming back.

when we doing the blackie sesh?

give us a buzz im pretty free next week. you keen for a trout sesh maybe early sunday morning??? might be going up with yes dear weather permitting. ive got my parents organised if so to look after pumpkin seed

:tease:

hahahaha. :1prop::beersmile:

beats hanging with your mother in law hey......your son looked like he was swimming back.

when we doing the blackie sesh?

give us a buzz im pretty free next week. you keen for a trout sesh maybe early sunday morning??? might be going up with yes dear weather permitting. ive got my parents organised if so to look after pumpkin seed

:tease:

Going to check out the weed situation tommorow, sunday would be great but I ve got family stuff on, will pm you or call you tommorow regarding blackies, I may go on sat arvo or morning depending on weed and tides cheers, Justin.