King From The Stones

bobfish

Hey Raiders,

I got out on the weekend to try my hand at "land based game" for kings. This is a first for me, so I was a bit doubtful about my prospect for success. I dropped into manly early on sunday morning to try and find half a dozen livies or so. Once I burleyed up there were so many yellowtail, ten minutes later I was trading all the larger ones for those of a more perfect size. I was off to a good start!

Half an hour later and I was setting up on curl curl rocks, there were a few other guys already live baiting but without any luck. Out goes the first livie, and I settle in to enjoy my surrounds. Sunday was a pearler of a day to be fishing.

After the sun came up i was starting to get a bit lethargic so rod in hand I closed my eyes for just a moment. I felt the livie going off below my float and opened my eyes to see it skipping across the surface....king in persuit! I would give 100 bucks to see my face at that moment. haha!

After a quick tussle the king was landed and my first LBG effort was a success. I was stoked.

Nice one bobfish!!!!!

Where you at south or north????

I have fished south a few times with not to much luck but might have to give it another go soon..... I have caught a few squid off the rocks at south though so im sure there would be kings around as well from time to time!!!!

Nice one bobfish!!!!!

Where you at south or north????

I have fished south a few times with not to much luck but might have to give it another go soon..... I have caught a few squid off the rocks at south though so im sure there would be kings around as well from time to time!!!!

Hey fishlexic, I was at the north end mate, once i get this picture posting sorted il put up a pic

Hey fishlexic, I was at the north end mate, once i get this picture posting sorted il put up a pic

Nice one mate!!!! Ive never fished off the stones there, ive only trolled past for zip!!! Might have to give it a go land based some time soon!!!!!! Congrats again on you first king from the stones!!!!

well done Bobfish - can't wait to see the pic! Doesn't it always happen when your mind goes to la-la land?? It is as if they can see that you are not being attentive!

How exciting - they always say to wait till the livie goes ballistic - copy book stuff! Terrific that you were able to land him.

How big do you think he is?

Cheers

Roberta

Well done on the kingie.

I did my apprentiship on the rocks at Curl Curl 20 years ago...................good to see it still produces good fish!

Try and get your hands on a pike and send it out............I once got spooled on 30lb line at that spot.

Ads