Spotted Mackerel

TheDiko

Hey Raiders,

I saw a pic go up on this site last year of a man who caught a Spotted Mackerel around Jibbon.

I caught a 60cm speciment on a squid jig yesterday too.

My questions are how long do you think these guys will hang around and will there be any numbers or size to them?

And do they come along with Frigate Mackerel or will they still be another month away?

IFS

Hey Raiders,

I saw a pic go up on this site last year of a man who caught a Spotted Mackerel around Jibbon.

I caught a 60cm speciment on a squid jig yesterday too.

My questions are how long do you think these guys will hang around and will there be any numbers or size to them?

And do they come along with Frigate Mackerel or will they still be another month away?

IFS

I caught a heap out the front of the basin (pittwater) this time last year but they only hung around for a couple of weeks

Ads

The frigates are there every year, whereas the spotties are only occaisional visitors. If you want spotties, just go to South West Rocks in march. This is peak season for them and you can cube them up on pillies and catch them on quite light tackle. They are fantastic - last year they were all 7 to 8 kgs.

Poacher