Harbour Kings 01/12/07

netic

Hey guys, went out again for some kingys today with a few other raiders, Reel Addiction decided to give game fishing a miss for this weekend and try for some kings with CFD and Tunofun on board.

Miller also joined us to have a shot at some kingys......

We hit the water a touch later then Miller and Reel Addiction and those boys had allready accumalated quite alot of squid...........we got there around 1.00am yes i kno early start and got our squid qouta pretty quickly and decided to head back to Rose Bay for a bit of a BBQ at around 3.00am.....

At Rose Bay we saw a mate who had just caught a 16kg Jew (awesome fish) and we all pulled up and ate Steves sausages and Chicken......

anyway, by now day break was upon us and it started raining and a strong wind had come through but it was time to chase the kings so we endure the crappy conditions.....

All boats met at one location and started downrigging, unfortunately for not too much results straight away and then all of us split up top cover more ground to track down the kingys.

We headed to the Neilsen Park Yellow Marker and started to downrigg and instantly got a double hook up of undersize kings.....

The quick call was made to all the boys and all boats arrived and everyone started to get into the kings, we caught about 5 and decided to not watse anymore squid as we were only getting undersize kings but i know Miller and Reel Addiction got some in the 70's......There was also about 15 boats by now all at the one marker trying to get a peice of the action.

We headed to a Reef and straight away saw bait sitting on it and some predators were obvious on the sounder also ( see pic)

post-1441-1196470957_thumb.jpg

The first pass resulted in a Hook up for Sal and he boated a 66cm king, then staright after Steve got on to 70cm size king.....

Next king was mine and this one fell just short of 80cm..........over the next 30 minutes we boated another 3 kings all between 70 - 80cm.......once again they were a healthy batch of kings with a heap of fight in em.

Then the bite cooled down and we went to look at some other areas and bumped into Ross (flightmanager) and he was chasing a school of Kings/Tailor...had a quick chat and we were on our way.......founf another patch of kings which eventuated in a hook up but lost fish and that was it for the day.....about ten kings for the trip.........No big bust offs today thank god...

We were out of the water by 10.00am and home with the boat washed by 11.30am..

post-1441-1196471368_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1196471396_thumb.jpg

Well done Guys! next time i see you guys out there i will deffinatly say hi!

there were so many boats out there this morning on that marker! it was like pitt st!!! got into a few undersize fellas and that was that for me.. :05:

the guys in the silver tinny anchored up did very well.

It was a great morning except for the rain well done boys

id just like to say thanks oz for the phone call today

and showing me the ropes of downrigging for kings over the last couple of seasons

cheers

miller

Edited by miller

It was a great morning except for the rain well done boys

id just like to say thanks oz for the phone call today

and showing me the ropes of downrigging for kings over the last couple of seasons

cheers

miller

Mate no worries, Thanks to you for showing me the best way to get 20 squid in 1 hour....you are truly the king of getting squid

Great work once again boys, i hit Botany on my mates boat "On Edge" for a trip to Fads that didnt eventuate due to outside conditions, but still got to trial run his new outriggers and downriggers, sounds like we should of hit the harbour, but thats fishing, we still ended up with 3 kings downrigging the bay (Even picked the kings before they hit on his NorthStar (Navman) sounder) 2 on yakkas and 1 on shop bought frozen squid with 1 keeper at 70cm on a yakka, (we couldnt catch squid even if our lives depended on it). See you out there real soon. Cheers Dave

we couldnt catch squid even if our lives depended on it.

Mate you guys will figure it out soon, Team offtap has been kicking ass of late....Beakies, YFT, Big Dollies and Blue eye....you have had a pretty good winter