Parramatta River Jews

caine

Struth mate someone assured me there was one jewfish there last spring :074:

Cheers Caine I in a really good mood today. I just had two days of straight fishing with some good mates :yahoo: got nice and wet though.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hop onto live chat Caine

Mate!! why bother trying for jews in the para river,have you seen the crap that has been dumped in that river over the years??? go to cleaner water like port hacking or the hawksbury river. atleat if you hook a jewie up it won't have 3 heads and 4 tails and you won't be worried about eating it. unless of coures you are just there for the fight not the feed... then go for it.

Mate!! why bother trying for jews in the para river,have you seen the crap that has been dumped in that river over the years??? go to cleaner water like port hacking or the hawksbury river. atleat if you hook a jewie up it won't have 3 heads and 4 tails and you won't be worried about eating it. unless of coures you are just there for the fight not the feed... then go for it.

thats our local bucko and i dont eat from there. its all about the thrill mate.

catch and release down this way.

I disagree with what everyone says about Parramatta river. I catch jew all over the place

including the Parra river. They are just as good to eat as the ones in the Port Hacking.

Jew tend to travel quite alot. I have been eating them for 15 years now - no probs.

Just got back from a 6 hour session spinnin for jew - nailed one at 9.5 pound.

Plenty of jew around in Parra river - this week 3 trips have caught 4 fish. My mate caught 8 and other

friends have been getting them also. Just have to be patient and try other spots. When I fish

landbased I fish for 1 hour. When I fish in boat I spend more time as I move around through the day

trying to locate them. We saw heaps but only managed 1 today - wrong tides.