Woman Killed By Lightning Strike

stylo

Cousin just sent this to me ..

Woman killed by lightning strike

By Steve Gee and Brooke Newstead

December 05, 2007 10:55am

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

A French tourist died after she was struck by lightning in a car park in Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast.

The lightning bolt struck the 27-year-old woman in the lagoon car park at 8.30pm (AEDT) yesterday.

She was walking between her boyfriend and a friend, who were holding fishing rods, when she was struck.

Her companions tried to resuscitate her but the woman died at the scene, police said.

Her boyfriend and friend were treated for shock.

Lightning kills up to 10 people every year in Australia and injures more than 100, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.

LESSON FOR ALL IF YOU ASK ME !! That is terrible.

Hi Stylo

What a horrible thing to happen!

If you are ever caught on the beach during an electrical storm, keep your rod tips pointing to the ground if you are leaving with them, or leave them in the rod holders & take cover elsewhere! Down near the water, they are the tallest things & have been known to be hit by lightening before - so distance yourself from your gear!

Better still, if there appears to be a storm approaching, pack up & go home!

Cheerio

Roberta

She was walking between her boyfriend and a friend, who were holding fishing rods, when she was struck.

What a terrible accident,How unlucky was she.Walking with 2 people carrying fishing rods,yet she was the one struck. :(

Stephen

:1fishing1:

my mates dad died of lightning about 15 years ago.was a really good man.

he hied at maroubra beach calling my mate glen to come out of the water so they can leave and got struck ,i was with his brother at the time just coming back from the markets when we got the news. :thumbdown: