The Entrance

coastspinna

yesterday arvo at 3 i was goin crazy for a fish so i headed off to the entrance to get waist deep in water and cool off..

spooked a few on the way out onto the flats...

started spinnin with new cheap soft plastc grub that i got for $2 for twenty lures.... needless to say i didn't change lures...

took about half an hour then i got a huge hit but no hookup... dammit...

3 casts later got one at 40cm that bit me off at my feet... dammit...

and same happened again.... dammit..\

hook another nice one that took nice drag off the reel and he spat the hook... dammit...

lost 2 more, caught one and while i was dehoooking him he stabbed me in the gut and I dropped him ... dammit..

started to get a little bit annoyed...

went down to talk to some blokes who were catchin a stack of whiting, dropped another couple, before i finally landed a couple of flattys... around 40 cm models... when i was swimming one back into the sandbank i spooked so many fish it wasn't funny..

no pics mainly because they all released themselves... plus its hard in waist deep water

i've never had such a poor hookup to landing ratio..

on my way hokme about 9.30 talked to a bloke on the wall with 2 flattys and absent mindedly launched out a cast, bang on striaght away...some quick thinking and rodwork and i landed the guy at 42cm...ok fella, dinner is served ..

it wasn't till i was half way home that i realised the quality of the session...

plentyof good fish to be had at the entrance...

cheers ian

........started spinnin with new cheap soft plastc grub that i got for $2 for twenty lures....took about half an hour then i got a huge hit but no hookup... dammit...

...............and same happened again.... dammit..\

hook another nice one that took nice drag off the reel and he spat the hook... dammit...

lost 2 more, ....

..........started to get a little bit annoyed...

cheers ian

.......................................................................................................................................................

:074:

Hey Ian were those jigheads two hundred for $1.00 including GST ? :lol:

jewgaffer :D

Top session.. :1prop:

I have had days where the hits are plentyful but the esky is empty!! Very frustrating..

Cheap lures!! Love it!! :thumbup: Just goes to show that the type of lure isn't as important as working it correctly and being where the fish are eh!! :biggrin2:

Edited by Ceph

Flatties can be a pain at times. Ive had them at the boat and they appeared to only be holding onto the tail of the plastic or holding the bait without actually being hooked.

Striking when you feel their weight can be a good way to ensure a hookup, because if they do come off without feeling the hook they are quite likely to take another swipe at it.

.......................................................................................................................................................

:074:

Hey Ian were those jigheads two hundred for $1.00 including GST ? :lol:

jewgaffer :D

of course... why spend money??

rzep... nice condition.. they all were actually

stylo.. squidgy finesse heads in a range of sizes and weights according to tide ( and my tightass jighead supply)..

fishlexic... clear brown sorta colour.... the waters dirty as at the moment and dark dirty colours seem to produce for me

ceph... i figure at least i connected to and saw a bunch of fish....i wouldn't have kept more than a couple anyway so it save me gettin spiked lol

ant.. i have seen a heap of flattys hold onto the tail of plastics and even pull drag...annoying but hey... sometimes i either strike as you said or if that isn't workin i will give the fish some slack to inhale it before i strike

Isn't it funny how you only consider a good :1fishing1: trip is when everything

stays hooked up and landed rather than the number of hook ups you get or

the fun and mateship you share until after

I hope the Entrance is still on like this for the next social up there :yahoo:

Chris