Coffs Help!

sanger

Hey guys,

im heading up to coffs this weekend with no regrets to do a little fishing, we will probably targeting some game fish but also wouldnt mind getting into some big kings and clifford loves his snapper. So i guess im after a live bait spot or two and maybe some must go places to find some hoods and snapper.

Also i remember hearing about some marine parks up there as well and dont want ignorance to be an excuse for not knowing were we cant fish. Any help is much apreciated. Thanks in advance!

Fishlexic!

Hi Fishlexic

Check out this info - some good tips on areas to fish & what can be caught there.

http://www.coffs.com.au/huge/fishing/html/beach.html#I

Hope you get into some fish! Not sure of the marine park restrictions - any of the tackle shops should be able to help you there (or check out the DPI on the net)

Cheers

Roberta

Hey guys,

im heading up to coffs this weekend with no regrets to do a little fishing, we will probably targeting some game fish but also wouldnt mind getting into some big kings and clifford loves his snapper. So i guess im after a live bait spot or two and maybe some must go places to find some hoods and snapper.

Also i remember hearing about some marine parks up there as well and dont want ignorance to be an excuse for not knowing were we cant fish. Any help is much apreciated. Thanks in advance!

Fishlexic!

Hi, two years ago i was at coffs and kings to 15kg were atking our marlin lures around the solitary islands.

Last year we got all our bait just outside of the harbour entrance, and picked up a few hoodlems around the fisrt island in front of harbour about 1k out.

From memory marine perk is on northers sides of islands.

Also we got some good snapper and pearlys in 30fathoms near wave recoeder(also good for dollies.)

Make sure you be wary of the ramp when launching and retreiving your boat, as when swell is only about 1.5m it surges up about 3m.

Theres nothing better than a beer at the fishos club on way home.

Good Luck

Luke

Hey guys,

im heading up to coffs this weekend with no regrets to do a little fishing, we will probably targeting some game fish !

Fishlexic!

Hey Fishlexic...

If the weather is co-operative and you just can't contain yourselves with out a bit of a look out wide

and your a bit shy on wide marks pm me and i will send you some through.......

although them snapper will be hard to pass by........Tight Lines....

Cheers Warnie......

mate, check out the latest NAFA Annual (the one with the hot chick on the cover :biggrin2:). it has an article on fishing Coffs

Dave excuse my ignorance but can you spell out the tittle of that one for the special people (namely me) :1prop:

Thanks mate

Thanks everyone for the responses!!!! I hope we will be chasing some marlin, dollies, and maybe some of the razor gang. Clifford caught a 20 od kilo wahoo last time he was up there so im sure hes keen to repeat the performance!!!! I cant help but think about getting into some big kings as ive only managed sub 80cm models in sydney so hopefully i can break that hoodo!!!!!

mate, check out the latest NAFA Annual (the one with the hot chick on the cover :biggrin2:). it has an article on fishing Coffs

Hey dave,

I got off my ass and went to a big newsagent and found the magazine you were talking about thanks! Unfortunitly the article didnt have much about the offshore stuff but it did have a good article on skip baiting which was worth a look.

Thanks again mate!

hi fishlexic,

i used to go up coffs a bit in the early 90's and usually around the jetty theres heaps of livies and around breakwall area... this was a long time ago but its a start... that link roberta posted has more on the area including spots for pearls,reds etc... this link will get you into site a bit better if you had not worked it out

http://www.coffs.com.au/huge/fishing/

i dont know where marine park is but if split solitare is available then from memory thats a gun livey spot also... just check it is ok......

ive seen massive spaniards caught off front of muttonbird isle...

i was spooled twice leaving me to watch this young copper land some beauties.over 6ft long or so from memory.

he was a local and very well prepared not like the blow in with dodgy jew gear :1prop: . at least i got to see the bandits that did the damage...

good luck up there...its a beautiful place and the fishings awesome...

cheers... steve....

Edited by roosterman

Cheers steve,

yeah looks like there is a good livie spot just to the north of the harbour as well on one of the bombies!!!! im pumped i just hope we get some decent weather so we can go chase some fish outside. South solitary looks like it would be a gun spot but it looks like you are only allowed to fish the east side of the island!!!! Should be plenty!

Thanks again mate!