Soft Plastics

kinghazza

Which Brand Of SPs Do You Prefer?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which Brand Of SP's Do You Prefer ?

• Squidgy's
    • Gulp
    • Gulp Alive
    • River To Sea
    • Atomic
    • Other Brand

THESE HAVE TO BE THE 2 MOST POPULAR BRANDS...

1) WHICH BRAND DO U PREFER?

2) WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?

PERSONALLY I PREFER SQUIDGIES BECAUSE TO ME THEY MORE CLOSLEY RESEMBLE A REAL FISH WITH THEIR LITTLE TAILS FLAPPING AROUND

OR IS THERE ANY OTHER BRANDS THAT YOU THINK, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST PICTURES.

:1fishing1:

I think both of these can work well on any particular day & have there place in my plastic's box;

80mm squidgies with the long curly tail catch me lots of nice flathead & when im lucky enough the odd reddy,

especially the green/gold with black stripes.

The gulp's in 4 or 5 inch i find effective on kingys,snapper & ofcourse flathead as well,especially nuc/chicken

The 3 inch berkley bass minnow is one of my favourites & can catch anything on its day,it goes out first

most of the time for me.

Finally when im after some quality bream on plastic's,i use these 3 inch curl tail caterpillar grubs which

have proved pretty useful for me over the last 6 months,they are tournament series quality from the U.S.

& i use the watermelon/black/red plus the green pumpkin for some really consistant catches of nice bream,

and flathead which love these as well.

Got a photo here of what they look like,

cheers mate

steve

post-4166-1197356899_thumb.jpg

Edited by nexus

Prefer the Gulp/berkley over squidgies only because i find IOA they are to soft and brake to easy, my second choice would be Atomic.

i think the opposite, every time i use gulp they get destroyed and the squidgys are more resistant.....

action is more important than name though

ian

I like the fact that Squidgys are an Australian brand, and therefore more suitable to catch our local species. The gulps seem very American to me and they have weird fish over there. That is my only hesitation on why I use more squidgy's than gulps.

Im a squidgy man 1st and foremost. 1- because they are an australian brand and i think its very important to support the aus tackle industry, although the new 's factor' has sold out and copied many gulp patterns imo. 2- i find the tail actions to be extremely realistic and catch a ton of fish, especially seeing as though they were designed specifically for aus fish.

Gulp are great when everything is shut down. the action is limited but the scent is great, esp in water that is a bit murky due to rain. Also like them in deep water. There are a few things i dont like about gulp. 1 - the packets dont close properly so that f***ing juice leaks all through my bags and stinks like crazy! 2- they dry out so quickly and become unusable and 3- i have gone through that many brand new packets of gulp by leaving them slightly in the sun whilst i fish and then when i go to get a new plastic all the tails are bent at different angles and i cant straighten them and then they spin in the water.

having said this i have not tried the gulp alives but am going to buy a pack of 3in minnows in chartreuse or nuc chicken.

Also are bass minnows and jerk shads the same thing? if not, which is better and in what colours for flatties?

Squidgies and bozo's are the go....

the bloke that owns bozo's is also a great bloke. i met him on a barra trip last year and he was a good laugh, generous and a very good fisher. I know bozo's are very popular in qld but i havnt been able to find anyone that sells them down here...

the bloke that owns bozo's is also a great bloke. i met him on a barra trip last year and he was a good laugh, generous and a very good fisher. I know bozo's are very popular in qld but i havnt been able to find anyone that sells them down here...

iv seen bozos in a certain department store

Gulp is biodegradable, squidgy's are not ! Gulp over squidgy's anyday. I would say there are plenty of other brands better than squidgys. Like Rapala Storm etc. Squidgys seem to be all about marketing, just like Shimano. Everytime you buy either of these products, I would say about 30% of the cost goes to their marketing dept's alone.