Sydney Harbour 19th December 2007

gretsch

I love this time of year. Clients need Christmas presents and what better present than a trip on the Harbour to chase Kings!!! :thumbup:

We started out chasing squid (for a change hehehe) and after an hour or so, had 8 squid and a couple of cuttles.

The light was low and the water super smooth so we went for a quick troll to see if anything was around. Shortly into the first leg, we nailed a decent Salmon which went straight back in to fight another day. More trolling for no action saw us pull up stumps however, as the Guide was reeling in the lures, whack, another Salmon jumped on but was lost boatside. :(

Onto the Kings!!

The first spot was looking good. The plethopra of boats from earlier had dissipated, and we pulled in, anhored up and out with a couple of live Squid. As I was putting the rod into the rod holder, the Squid gets thumped and I am on!! As I go to pull the rod out of the holder, I accidently flicked the baitrunner into free spool and the line bunched up around the spool and Mr King won his freedom. :1badmood: Let me say that the humble Baitrunner is now on my shit list!! (A bad angler always blames his reel :biggrin2: ).

The next few drops result in four undersized Kings including a 45cm model which I wanted to take home and put in an aquarium. He was a cute little fella.

We decided to move to try to locate some larger fish. Back up into Middle Harbour, Spot L, down go the baits and the waiting game begins. Over the next hour and a half, we landed three decent Kings, 68, 73 and 75.

All in all, a top day!!!

great fish boys,

im a new member and could say a novice to, dont have a boat but want to catch that kinda gear, the good stuff, where's a good land base inside the harbour, I normally go clarks point woolwich

:1fishing1::biggrin2:

hi..right off the jetty where the kingy social will be...clifton gardens!

..cheers!..stevo!..

well done on them fish!..great to know they are abundant for the social :thumbup:

Edited by fishguts