Squid Grounds In Botany Bay

tangs sister

Gday Justinjon

I have only just been putting in some time for squid and have been doing ok at Bare Island :thumbup:

My best session so far was 15 in 1.5 hours just after xmass. since then I have had several sessions but only getting about 5max . Most of my better sessions have been at least 1 hour before high tide .And that session were I scored 15 the weather was crap and the wind was blowing hard . Give it a go of the bridge at laperouse

or of the rocks around the island .

Bare Island

BareIsland.jpg

Squid3.jpg

Vacummsealed.jpg

bigsquid.jpg

I am also based at Hurstville send me a PM when you are heading out if I am free I wouldnt mind taging along

Cheers Ben

Edited by Ben75

Cheers Ben - Awesome catch too!

Gday Justinjon

I have only just been putting in some time for squid and have been doing ok at Bare Island :thumbup:

My best session so far was 15 in 1.5 hours just after xmass. since then I have had several sessions but only getting about 5max . Most of my better sessions have been at least 1 hour before high tide .And that session were I scored 15 the weather was crap and the wind was blowing hard . Give it a go of the bridge at laperouse

or of the rocks around the island .

Bare Island

BareIsland.jpg

Squid3.jpg

Vacummsealed.jpg

bigsquid.jpg

I am also based at Hurstville send me a PM when you are heading out if I am free I wouldnt mind taging along

Cheers Ben

Can someone tell me where Watt's reef is?

Is it possible to get under the bare island bridge with a boat? or is it too shallow? I am too scared to find out without asking first.

Thanks

Simon

Watts reef is located on the southern side of Botany bay and you can see the bottom on a good day quite easily.

Go to the last marker on the right hand side towards the oil wharf and line up the two large chimneys to the south and head towards them and once there is a small gap between them your sounder will show the reef quite easily.

Cheers Stewy

Can someone tell me where Watt's reef is?

Is it possible to get under the bare island bridge with a boat? or is it too shallow? I am too scared to find out without asking first.

Thanks

Simon

Mate even though I cant find anything at the moment, i did read somewhere

that the area of water near the Bare Island bridge is off limits to boats, as it is

an area set aside for scuba diving activities. Maybe someone else can confirm

this.

penguin

Edited by penguin

that the area of water near the Bare Island bridge is off limits to boats, as it is

this.

penguin

I saw jetboad-banning sign on the rocks close by, the water is very shallow too.

this.

penguin

i would think u r right penguin ,in my younger years i too used to go spearfishing there and throughout the years i have seen many scuba divers there.