Who's Chasing Harbour Kings On Saturday?

slinkymalinky

I'll be launching from Tunks Park sometime around 4.00 or 5.00am from Tunks Park with my 6yo daughter and another Raider on board.

My little girl is absolutely manic about getting her first king.

Anyone else going to be on the water chasing squid then kings on Saturday morning. If so, lets hook up or keep in touch (and if you find any kings in open water where a 6yo is likely to be able to keep one connected on 4kg, let me know... don't fancy her chances if we hook her up near a marker buoy but we'll give it a shot)

Cheers, Slinky

Callsign... Slinky

Always listening on VHF 16

I'll be launching from Tunks Park sometime around 4.00 or 5.00am from Tunks Park with my 6yo daughter and another Raider on board.

My little girl is absolutely manic about getting her first king.

Anyone else going to be on the water chasing squid then kings on Saturday morning. If so, lets hook up or keep in touch (and if you find any kings in open water where a 6yo is likely to be able to keep one connected on 4kg, let me know... don't fancy her chances if we hook her up near a marker buoy but we'll give it a shot)

Cheers, Slinky

Callsign... Slinky

Always listening on VHF 16

Slinky,

I will be out either Saturday or Sunday, or even better both days.

Im thinking of launching from Rose Bay instead as I want to stay in the main harbour rather than MH.

Let us know how you go with the squidding. I will try and listen on VHF16 as well.

I will be in a blue and white cuddy cabin

Jeff

hi guys

im hoping to do a jew fish sat night an kingy hunt sun morn but may go sat morn kingy hunt also...

hope the rain is not too bad and wind not too strong...

i am still tossing up on giving hawks another bash but am leaning towards syd harbour.

i will put in at roseville if syd harbour it is and may have spot for deckie but im planning a long fish session if anyones interested... ill be in the red 14ft pongrass(roosterboat) no radio atm unfortunately...

i plan to get livies from spit for kings an once enough hit a jew hole till sunnup then dr for kings......

good luck out there and ill say gday if we cross paths....

cheers.....steve......

planning a saturday bash and if not a sunday bash. Boath days look crap but i am itchin again. will try you on that chan if my radio works. i will be in a cream crapy stessl 4.6 alloy runnabout with a suzi out back. cant miss me.

gday lads.

ill be out on saturday morning chasing kings in the main harbor and middle harbor. My raido is down at the moment but you can call me on my mb, PM me for the number if you want to stay in touch.

Ill be at the spit getting squid, hopefully launching around 430am from the spit as well.

ill be in the 4.7m aluminuum with all round side rails and a 40 mariner on the back.

come say gday if your out there

planning a saturday bash and if not a sunday bash. Boath days look crap but i am itchin again. will try you on that chan if my radio works. i will be in a cream crapy stessl 4.6 alloy runnabout with a suzi out back. cant miss me.

give me an sms if you're out sunday, we should be about :)

Just got an updated weather forecast (and looked out my window).... too crappy for a 6yo (and for a 42yo!!). Looks like I'll be spending Saturday helping her sort out her new tackle box.

Get this... (remember, this is a 6yo girl!). She took my wife into Go Fish and told her that because we were chasing kingfish, she should get me a packet of the nifty looking 80mm River To Sea squid soft plastics and told her that she thought that I'd really like them to use with the downrigger.

This morning, in anticipation of fishing tomorrow, she emptied and reorganised her little tackle boxes.... twice. She also announced that she thought she should get an Ugly Stick because she's worried the Shimano Bullwhip she's using at the moment won't be tough enough (I told her it would be fine!!). She's also worried because she doesn't have any stick-bits in her tackle box.

Finally, she has made me promise to let her bait her own hooks when we go out and is insisting on a 3.00am start so we can be squidding in the dark (I'm pretty sure that has something to do with her liking glow sticks though!!)

I'm just wrapping up at work but when I get on my computer at home I'll post some pics of 'dad's little fishing buddy' (her self given title)

Have I bred a good'un or what??

Only sad I now have to go home and tell her (and BrettP) that the fishing is off due to the weather...$&&*%(#)

Cheers, Slinky

Mate you have bred a cracker in that one. Im hoping i can do the same one day but in a boy that also has the desire to play front row in rugby or league!!

At this stage im still going out, just went and put the bimini on the boat. Ill let you know how i go,

Just uploaded some pics into an album of my little fishing buddy (my eldest daughter doesn't mind fishing but realy thinks the whole thing is a bit smelly and dirty... my youngest has inherited my obsession). She wasn't happy about me canceling!

Hope my album works.. I'm still learning the ropes in Raider world.... anyone who has spent time on one of the other fishing sites may have seen a couple of these before... and if you have the latest Quintrex catalogue, you'll recognize the Bonito shot.

Here's what I think is a link to my album...

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...m&album=265

hi guys

im hoping to do a jew fish sat night an kingy hunt sun morn but may go sat morn kingy hunt also...

hope the rain is not too bad and wind not too strong...

i am still tossing up on giving hawks another bash but am leaning towards syd harbour.

i will put in at roseville if syd harbour it is and may have spot for deckie but im planning a long fish session if anyones interested... ill be in the red 14ft pongrass(roosterboat) no radio atm unfortunately...

i plan to get livies from spit for kings an once enough hit a jew hole till sunnup then dr for kings......

good luck out there and ill say gday if we cross paths....

cheers.....steve......

Hi Roosterman, what time you planning on heading out on Saturday?

I'm only new to the forums, and have read a few of your posts..

bit of background about me.. fishraider scored me a new rod for christmas (must've spoken about fishing so much that the mrs had no choice but to shut me up with a new toy =P)

That new toy turned into toy number 2 in my first little boat, now I just got to get out there and catch some fish! (legal size would be nice for a change!) keen to learn a little more about catching livies..

Let me know what time you plan to head out, hopefully I can pop along if you've still got room..

hi throw me a fish,

i will be heading out sat arvo for a quick dr of mh then over to spit around nightfall to stock up with squid...

hows the spit been of late for squid and whats water like atm(color)...

then find somewhere for jewfish and rest. then in morning kingy hunt till around lunchtime...

my mate still might come pending his :wife: .... if its pissing down then things may change.... pm me your ph# and i will give you a call if spots vacant.....

if anyone else wants to swap ph # to keep in touch while hunting the king schools down let me know... more boats looking = better chance of finding em :biggrin2: ..

Edited by roosterman

Just uploaded some pics into an album of my little fishing buddy (my eldest daughter doesn't mind fishing but realy thinks the whole thing is a bit smelly and dirty... my youngest has inherited my obsession). She wasn't happy about me canceling!

Hope my album works.. I'm still learning the ropes in Raider world.... anyone who has spent time on one of the other fishing sites may have seen a couple of these before... and if you have the latest Quintrex catalogue, you'll recognize the Bonito shot.

Here's what I think is a link to my album...

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...m&album=265

Nice pic's mate, It would be nice to see a king next to those.

Cheers

Brett