Sps On The Beach

Langa

Hi all, does anyone use plastics on surf beaches, I have used them at night at Pearl Beach with success but it does not have a heavy surf (most of the time) just a shore break. I'm wondering how they would handle on more traditional surf beaches, is the surf too strong such that you could not retrieve with the correct action or could you compensate with a heavier jig head. I' m interested to give it a go

Cheers, Langa

Ive seen them work off the surf beaches for Australian salmon & flathead mainly,but that was like you

said from the calmer,more protected one's,the 3 inch bass minnow's seemed to go the best,but it would

be definately alot harder in the more open,rougher beaches with the strong currents.

steve

I use the 150mm squidge slick sticks(i think there called) off the beach when the sambo and tailor are schooling and have done ok, but i usally only break them out when i see a school or if i am getting board standing on the beach catching nothing Then i usally walk up the beach until i see a gutter and have half a dozen cast then move the the next. I find that when the surf is up a bit the SP dont get down to the bottom well i think that happenin as i havent caught any flatties off the beach on SP's when there's a swell

Dave