A Rainy King Session

mrt11n@hotmail.com

Raiders,

Looked at the weather reports and was about to pull the pin the night before but my cuz was determined to get me out.

So we did it launched at roseville and went to a reliable yellowtail location.

We managed about 20 or so then decided to troll north head..

Had 2 rods out 1 on the downrigger and 1 on the surface

Soon after setting the baits strike on the surface 1st fish landed 60cm throwback

I thought sweet we have found the bait school we concentrated our troll to this area doing circles.

Then it went 65cm keeper, 70cm, 65, then 60 throwback then a run we couldnt stop i thought we were goinig to get spooled... then my cuz lands a 95cm Hoodlum (Alll on surface rod)

Only had 1 strike on downrigger but no luck

Attached 1st photo bernie with his 95cm then me with my 70cm and a squid cut out of the 95cm king amazing...

post-6487-1200785095_thumb.jpg

post-6487-1200785418_thumb.jpg

post-6487-1200785502_thumb.jpg

post-6487-1200785828_thumb.jpg

Had A Great day!!!!!!!

Very nice fish mate.

I was the guy that ran over your floater when we were down rigging :pokey:

Again, Sorry about that I just didn't see it :mad3:

We ended up with 20+ fish for the day, but that's another story :)

Cheers.

Robbie.

Hey Stumpy! Is that your boat in the background of pic one :1prop:

Hey Stumpy! Is that your boat in the background of pic one :1prop:

Yes, that was us sitting behind. Actually, if you look carefully, you will see me desperately trying to stop Jess from swimming over and fishing with this crew!

Whilst we were a little quite, we sat back and watched these guys absolutely brain the kings.

Well done lads :thumbup:

Cheers,

Stumpy

And the boat in the background is a dive boat i think... there was 2 in that area.

Marty

You are right Delta, I havent got that sticker at the front bottom of the hull, I was just going on the railing out front and window design. It caught me by suprise as the whole nose and shape looks identical!

Was that you on the rocks.. how did you go?? we were a little noisy when we landed the big one..

Yep. Did Ok. Got busted off 5 times though by some big drummer, refer my report.

I actually think the Kings are hanging around inner North Head after the big seas we have been having. There are some big calamari squid amongst the kelp beds around there as evidenced by the one in the stomach of the King you caught. I'm tempted to catch a few and float them out on a ballon.