After Market Dash

peahead

Hi Fisho's

I am looking to get another dash for my quintrex 600 to mount my radio's as currently they are mounted in the cabin behind the steering wheel console. This is a problem as when I am travelling it is hard to hear the radios and a pain if I need to change the stereo, which means I need to stop the boat hop into the cabin to see the radios to change channels or stop to be able to hear the radios.

I have no room below the steering wheel so I need to add another console on the passenger side to be able to mount he radios on that.

Does anybody know where I can find a second or new console (preferably for quintrex?), not sure if I want to buy from quintrex themselves as I will have to give them my first born.

Anyway hope you guys can help, any ideas would be great!

Cheers

Peahead.

Hi Peahead,

I have no idea where you would get another dash from, but have you thought of a different solution?

Have a look at the GME range of radios, the GX600D (VHF) or GX300 (27mhz).

Both of these have controls on the handpiece, I would look at changing your radios to this type and add an external speaker so you can hear it while travelling.

Keep the Quintrex as standard as possible to maintain its resale value.

Does anybody know where I can find a second or new console (preferably for quintrex?), not sure if I want to buy from quintrex themselves as I will have to give them my first born.

Cheers

Peahead.

Quintrex and Stacer (Telwater) are pretty reasonable with their spare part pricing in my experience. I bought one of their side consoles at a very reasonable price from Huey at Huett Marine.

Good luck

Hi Fisho's

I am looking to get another dash for my quintrex 600 to mount my radio's as currently they are mounted in the cabin behind the steering wheel console. This is a problem as when I am travelling it is hard to hear the radios and a pain if I need to change the stereo, which means I need to stop the boat hop into the cabin to see the radios to change channels or stop to be able to hear the radios.

I have no room below the steering wheel so I need to add another console on the passenger side to be able to mount he radios on that.

Cheers

Peahead.

Gidday mate so the problem is you cant hear the radio, wonder if your radios have a out put for a external speaker,my old Unidens internal speaker died, and when i tried to suss it out found a external speaker outlet on the back, added a small external speaker problem solved. Obviously you can extend the speaker wire to as far as you like.

Cheers

Twoducks