They're Back Ii

Guest bluecod

Guest bluecod

Location - Narrabeen Lake

Participant's - DaveL and Son [Reece] - Bluecod and Son [sam] - Narralakes

Methods - DaveL and Reece - Sp's, Sam - bait and Sp's, Bluecod and Narralakes - bread fly.

Conditions - Perfect

Results - Over 30 fish [bream, mullet and one tarpon] were caught and released - none were huge but a hellavalot of fun particularly when one half of Sam's rod came off and he had to swim for it [not realising he could have just wound it back in] :risata: .

Great to meet DaveL and Reece and hope to see you down there again, Sam is now beguiled by fly fishing and wants Dad to buy him his own outfit.

Pedro - you should have been there

Guest bluecod
Good stuff fellas.  :thumbup:

You got a 'poon from Narra.  :1yikes:  I've never heard of them being in there. I hope you got a pic.  :biggrin2:

25988[/snapback]

Swoffa, Ken got the 'poon but it put up so much fight he was too buggered to get his camera out :risata: it must have gone every bit as much as 150 :1yikes:

Guest bluecod

Swoffa - no mate I wasn't talking cm, more like mm or grams :risata:

DaveL - good idea to keep him going on the SP's for a while, though if he looks like he's losing interest try some bread on a #8 hook suspended under a small float with plenty of bread for burley in the same spot, should keep him happy for a while.

It was definitely a tarpon Andrew, Iv'e caught a few baby ones in there previous to that and they school up there in the channel, could be herring in there but I havnt landed any yet. the one caught yesterday was only about the size of a poddy mullet, biggest one Ive caught there wouldnt be much longer than 20 cms, wouldnt surprise me if there are larger tarpon getting around in the lake somewhere, probably the deeper channels, after catching that school jew a few months ago there, it wouldnt surprise me what fish are in there. Herring are much slimmer and the mouth is different, next time I'll take a pic and we can confer. But as mentioned, it was great fun, thanks for the company fellas! Late arvo high tide and a slight nor wester or no wind is a good combination for that part of the lake.

No worries Andrew, you could be right as well, juvenile tarpoon and herring could be quite similar, I'm no poon expert, so a pic or more research on the two is needed by me to be certain.

cheers

PS How you going with jews on fly, are you going to try with Hats?